• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 03:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

B L T night...yowser!!!!!!!

Started by Mugwump, September 17, 2014, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...been awhile too....fresh tomatoes from the garden, MMmm good bacon, nice green lettuce, slap on some Hellman's........ ;D we good, real good  ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I like a BLT with home grown a tomato, too.  But I've noticed that you have never met anything that you eat or drink that you're not in love with ???
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 17, 2014, 05:55:32 PM
I like a BLT with home grown a tomato, too.  But I've noticed that you have never met anything that you eat or drink that you're not in love with ???

....why would I dislike any food that's not liver????..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

There must be something wrong with you if you don't like liver. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 17, 2014, 06:08:41 PM
There must be something wrong with you if you don't like liver.

Rheumatic fever when I was young, had to take a pure liver extract for the iron......can't stand it now, and both my grandmothers tried to fix it in various ways ( even old country with apples/bacon/onions, etc ) ways to try to change the taste for me.........no cigar....have all of it that junk that you want, eat my share too...... ;D ...on a side, I love braunschweiger....LOL.....
Jon

wsantia1

I love BLT's too. ;D ;D ;D Funny thing is I like chicken livers 8) but I can't stand beef liver. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

I'm with you Willie, chicken livers dipped in hot sauce are great. But beef liver can't stand the stuff

wsantia1

Quote from: ilroost on September 17, 2014, 06:54:18 PM
I'm with you Willie, chicken livers dipped in hot sauce are great. But beef liver can't stand the stuff

That's how i like them too. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JC

I also agree with the chicken livers. And I love blt's with home grown tomatoes too, can't beat it

LizStreithorst

I like both beef and chicken liver, but the chicken livers are the creme de la creme.  I make a killer pate with them. 
the secret to a good chicken liver pate is to use lots of rendered chicken fat.  I should do it this weekend.

Mug, If you like Braunschweiger you would fall in love with my pate.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 17, 2014, 07:28:56 PM
I like both beef and chicken liver, but the chicken livers are the creme de la creme.  I make a killer pate with them. 
the secret to a good chicken liver pate is to use lots of rendered chicken fat.  I should do it this weekend.

Mug, If you like Braunschweiger you would fall in love with my pate.

I like the chicken livers, pate, etc.......too....it's beef liver that truly sucks.......
Jon

Rjb3

I make Liver FRENZY with chicken livers.

LizStreithorst

When I order again I'll buy some.  How do your fish like it compared to the regular Frenzy?

Rjb3

They like all the FRENZY types the same as far as eating it goes. The liver just bumped up the vitamin A and B-12. I'm thinking of switching to duck liver. I already use duck eggs in Egg Foo Young.  The nutrition numbers are a little higher in duck livers as well. They are easier to work with compared to beef liver.

BallAquatics

Back when we all went to the farm every year to deer hunt,  that was always the first night's dinner.....  fresh deer liver.  Very similar to beef, but very tender.  Always a crowd pleaser,  I guess that's why it became the tradition.

Dennis