• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:02:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 723
Total: 723

Thinking about quitting smoking

Started by LizStreithorst, September 11, 2014, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 08, 2014, 05:22:45 PM
Quote from: ghonk on October 08, 2014, 03:50:35 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 08, 2014, 07:58:57 AM
That shows one of two things.
A. Either it's so bad oyu have to advertise the heck out of it. Or
B. People in America have bad taste and really don't know what good beer (or food for that matter) tastes like.

Me? I appreciate good food and good beer. But first there is wine. (Plus I love to cook.)

Everyone doesn't like the same things,just because  YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good beer.
You said your not much of a drinker,so you may

not be the best judge.

Now tell us what GOOD food tastes like,i assume it would be something THAT person enjoys eating.

Now as far as wine goes,give me boones farm or annie green springs.You know,the good stuff. ;D

You mean 'Pagan Pink Ripple'...MMmmm..good stuff....LOL....no 'mad dog 20/20'???

I grew up on 'Pagan Pink Ripple'. Ah, the memories. lol  ;D ;D ;D

LOL.....that and the 'Red' were my favorites of the $.99 wines..... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2014, 05:12:31 PM
Oh those 'Mad Dog' hangovers.........miserable.... 8)

Yeah,wine hangovers were the worst.With whiskey coming it a distant second.
Best hangover,vodka.Which acounts for all the vodkaholics out there.   

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2014, 05:25:32 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 08, 2014, 05:22:45 PM
Quote from: ghonk on October 08, 2014, 03:50:35 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 08, 2014, 07:58:57 AM
That shows one of two things.
A. Either it's so bad oyu have to advertise the heck out of it. Or
B. People in America have bad taste and really don't know what good beer (or food for that matter) tastes like.

Me? I appreciate good food and good beer. But first there is wine. (Plus I love to cook.)

Everyone doesn't like the same things,just because  YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good beer.
You said your not much of a drinker,so you may

not be the best judge.

Now tell us what GOOD food tastes like,i assume it would be something THAT person enjoys eating.

Now as far as wine goes,give me boones farm or annie green springs.You know,the good stuff. ;D

You mean 'Pagan Pink Ripple'...MMmmm..good stuff....LOL....no 'mad dog 20/20'???

I grew up on 'Pagan Pink Ripple'. Ah, the memories. lol  ;D ;D ;D

LOL.....that and the 'Red' were my favorites of the $.99 wines..... 8)

I used to drink the red a  lot too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2014, 05:03:00 PM
These days they have something called Yagermaster.  I was offered some once.  I declined.  They say it's like taking a Valium.

Jagermeister....looks like soy sauce.  Guys I worked with drank it. Ugh.  Wine kicks my butt.  I like a good gin or vodka and tonic.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 08, 2014, 07:19:35 PM
These days they have something called Yagermaster.  I was offered some once.  I declined.  They say it's like taking a Valium.

Jagermeister....looks like soy sauce.  Guys I worked with drank it. Ugh.  Wine kicks my butt.  I like a good gin or vodka and tonic.

Double vodka on the rocks, with a twist of lime was my drink for many years ;D....Black Russian's sometimes for a real late night cocktail.... ;D..............
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
If only Budweiser beer was as good as Budweiser commercials.

The one I hate with a passion are the Dos Equis commercials with the most interesting man in the world.

Ain't that the truth Liz?

QuoteEverywhere I go, a fight breaks out.  That was my signature on some forum.  I thought it was a joke.  I guess not :o

This isn't any type of fight. Just some good jesting back and forth about a subject that in all reality is meaningless.

But Corona is pee water.:)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2014, 07:29:36 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on October 08, 2014, 07:19:35 PM

Double vodka on the rocks, with a twist of lime was my drink for many years ;D....Black Russian's sometimes for a real late night cocktail.... ;D..............

Oh YEAH!
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 08, 2014, 07:30:10 PM

The one I hate with a passion are the Dos Equis commercials with the most interesting man in the world.

LOL....not nearly as annoying as the 'Cialas' 'bathtub commercials....LOL....ah yes, all done now and in (2) bathtubs on top of a mountain, holding hands.............LOL...  cool.....walk on down naked when the sun goes down, eh?.... 8)
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: ghonk on October 08, 2014, 05:28:04 PM
Yeah,wine hangovers were the worst.With whiskey coming it a distant second.
Hangovers were what lead me to drug use.....  nothing too serious though.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2014, 07:35:53 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 08, 2014, 07:30:10 PM

LOL....not nearly as annoying as the 'Cialas' 'bathtub commercials....LOL....ah yes, all done now and in (2) bathtubs on top of a mountain, holding hands.............LOL...  cool.....walk on down naked when the sun goes down, eh?.... 8)

Those bathtub finales for Cialas are sheer stupidity.  People got paid for that idea. 

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

JR

MD 20/20 back in the day I would drink so much of that I would forget who I was and were I was at. Them were the good old days.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 09, 2014, 07:09:01 AM
MD 20/20 back in the day I would drink so much of that I would forget who I was and were I was at. Them were the good old days.

LOL...but do you really miss those rotten hangovers????.... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Back in the day we were young and full of vitality. A hangover was merely an unpleasant inconvenience.  When hangovers became the source of what felt like a 2-3 day death sentence it was time to begin the phase of life where one says "I'll have a cocktail with dinner".    ;D ;D ;D

LizStreithorst

I'm afraid I failed yet again.  The e-cigs worked until today when I got all stressed about my silly camera.  My local supermarket, which it walking distance from my shop sells my lovely imported cigars.  I gave in to my more base desires, walked down and bought a tin. 

Quitting smoking is impossible as long as I maintain my addiction to nicotine, which the e-cigs did.  If I really want to quit I'll have to suffer.  Perhaps one day I'll be optimistic enough to undergo suffering.  It's hard to make myself suffer.  I think, "Why suffer?  I'm gonna die anyway.  Might as well die of lung disease as anything.

I think I need a good hard kick.  Oh well.....
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Did you know that you can re-charge your E-cig with a lessor amount of nicotine??....You can withdraw slowly by buying the lower nicotine refill bottles over a given time.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

anyway, that's how it's supposed to work... :o
Jon