• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:45:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 737
Total: 737

Thinking about quitting smoking

Started by LizStreithorst, September 11, 2014, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

That shows one of two things.
A. Either it's so bad you have to advertise the heck out of it. Or
B. People in America have bad taste and really don't know what good beer (or food for that matter) tastes like.

Me? I appreciate good food and good beer. But first there is wine. (Plus I love to cook.)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

I always assumed that they made those commercials to appeal to the people that think other beer commercials insult their intelligence   ;)

Dennis

PaulineMi

Yes Dennis.  Especially the ones that show a bunch of women fawning over a BEAR! :o :o ::)

It's Lablatts.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I really enjoy the Budweiser commercials, especially around the holidays....well thought out and very well done.....I hated Hamms, but the old bear commercials were hilarious.....still a few taverns around here that have those carousel type Hamms lights...with the red canoe, stream, etc....that go around and around.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If only Budweiser beer was as good as Budweiser commercials.

The one I hate with a passion are the Dos Equis commercials with the most interesting man in the world.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I discovered a good thing this afternoon.  I cleaned my desk at work and guess what I found?  A nipped off cigar end!  So what did I do?  I brought it home, tore it up and put it in my beer can pipe and smoked it.  Guess what?  It was a big disappointment.  It's been the addiction telling me that the real thing is so wonderful, not the fact that the real thing actually wonderful. 

I may lick this yet.  The e-cigs keep me sane but I'm really not that crazy about them.  If I end up addicted to them it's better than being addicted to real tobacco because I don't gross myself out with my phleminess.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2014, 03:38:26 PM
I discovered a good thing this afternoon.  I cleaned my desk at work and guess what I found?  A nipped off cigar end!  So what did I do?  I brought it home, tore it up and put it in my beer can pipe and smoked it.  Guess what?  It was a big disappointment.  It's been the addiction telling me that the real thing is so wonderful, not the fact that the real thing actually wonderful. 

I may lick this yet.  The e-cigs keep me sane but I'm really not that crazy about them.  If I end up addicted to them it's better than being addicted to real tobacco because I don't gross myself out with my phleminess.

Also, with the E-cigs...you can back off the nicotine at your own pace... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 08, 2014, 07:58:57 AM
A. Either it's so bad oyu have to advertise the heck out of it. Or
B. People in America have bad taste and really don't know what good beer (or food for that matter) tastes like.

Me? I appreciate good food and good beer. But first there is wine. (Plus I love to cook.)

Everyone doesn't like the same things,just because  YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good beer.
You said your not much of a drinker,so you may

not be the best judge.

Now tell us what GOOD food tastes like,i assume it would be something THAT person enjoys eating.

Now as far as wine goes,give me boones farm or annie green springs.You know,the good stuff. ;D

You mean 'Pagan Pink Ripple'...MMmmm..good stuff....LOL....no 'mad dog 20/20'???

LizStreithorst

Everywhere I go, a fight breaks out.  That was my signature on some forum.  I thought it was a joke.  I guess not :o

I have an opinion.  I believe that there is such a thing as good taste.  I actually think that I have it :)  It's sure not worth fighting about, though.  I know what I like.  That's good enough for me.

ghonk

NO mad dog or ricky,that's when a real fight breaks out.
OR white port ,shake-n-bake.

ilroost

Oh i remmember MD 20/20 and red port from my high school days. 99 cents a bottle, and drinking until you threw up purple

LizStreithorst

These days they have something called Yagermaster.  I was offered some once.  I declined.  They say it's like taking a Valium.

ghonk

Quote from: ilroost on October 08, 2014, 04:58:12 PM
Oh i remmember MD 20/20 and red port from my high school days. 99 cents a bottle, and drinking until you threw up purple

The good old days,only thing we didn't drink was rubbing alcohol,which may have been better then the 190 grain.

Mugwump

Oh those 'Mad Dog' hangovers.........miserable.... 8)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on October 08, 2014, 03:50:35 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 08, 2014, 07:58:57 AM
A. Either it's so bad oyu have to advertise the heck out of it. Or

Everyone doesn't like the same things,just because  YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good beer.
You said your not much of a drinker,so you may

not be the best judge.

Now tell us what GOOD food tastes like,i assume it would be something THAT person enjoys eating.

Now as far as wine goes,give me boones farm or annie green springs.You know,the good stuff. ;D

You mean 'Pagan Pink Ripple'...MMmmm..good stuff....LOL....no 'mad dog 20/20'???

I grew up on 'Pagan Pink Ripple'. Ah, the memories. lol  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.