• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:51:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Thinking about quitting smoking

Started by LizStreithorst, September 11, 2014, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The only good things about this is that I know that the longer I abstain the easier it will become, and that I don't cough and hack all night long and in the morning.  I grossed myself out :-[

I'm using the sissy method and I don't know if it will work or not.  I'm a sissy girl about suffering.  I do it beautifully when the suffering is thrust upon me.  Making myself suffer is another story. 

I'm on e-cigs.  I know that if I don't take myself down easy I'll never make it.  I simply don't have a good enough reason not to indulge in the thing that does me the most harm.  From e-cigs I'll move to patches.  This is my only hope of succeeding.

I sound so weak. Oh well.....
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...use 'Bogarts' instead.........you won't even care.. ;D 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

It's mind over matter. You can do it.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on September 30, 2014, 06:18:56 PM
...use 'Bogarts' instead.........you won't even care.. ;D

Mug, I have only a tiny little bit left from what came up in the wild flower seeds two years ago.  That plant was sent from God.  It paid my land taxes, it paid for carpentry, it paid for computer fixing, and I got to give some away.I don't know where to buy it and I have no seeds to grow my own.  (my plant had no seeds)  So you see, I even have to conserve that.

Besides, it's no substitute for a good cigar ::)

LizStreithorst

Now look what I have done.  I smoked up one e-cig and left the other at the shop ::) 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 05, 2014, 02:14:23 PM
Now look what I have done.  I smoked up one e-cig and left the other at the shop ::)

uh oh.....????.....what to do???
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm going to suck it up and drink and smoke the other thing for now.  I kinda want to see how long I can go before I break down.  I hate being addicted to nicotine.  It's pleasures are so fleeting.  It's does big deal harm long term.  There must be something wrong in the head with anyone who tries tobacco but most all of us have ::)

LizStreithorst

I found the one I thought I'd left at the shop in my purse.

I almost failed today, though.  I had to drive into town to ship fish and drop of a note to my mechanic about Charlotte.  I was also totally starving to death.  I thought, "I can stop at the Corner Market, pick up some already made food, beer, and I know they have my darling imported cigars..."  I actually drove into the parking lot of the Corner Market before the part of me that prefers not to destroy myself took over.  I drove to the beer/e-cig place instead and got 2 e-cigs and some Corona.

Virtue triumphed over evil this time, anyway.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

I almost failed today, though.  I had to drive into town to ship fish and drop of a note to my mechanic about Charlotte.  I was also totally starving to death.  I thought, "I can stop at the Corner Market, pick up some already made food, beer, and I know they have my darling imported cigars..."  I actually drove into the parking lot of the Corner Market before the part of me that prefers not to destroy myself took over.  I drove to the beer/e-cig place instead and got 2 e-cigs and some Corona.

Virtue triumphed over evil this time, anyway.

good girl... ;D.....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

Virtue triumphed over evil this time, anyway

No. It didn't. You got Corona. I tasted that once. I've never tasted pee but that's about what it would taste like. Corona. There are so so many great beers out there. Why would you drink that?
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

I can't drink anymore,but i had my share or corona and like it.
Now sam adams lager  sucks.

wsantia1

I don't drink anymore but I liked Corona too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I don't drink anymore either, but one look at a lime on top of the bottle, and I wasn't going to..sheesh......it's not tequila... ;D
Jon

JR

I have not had a drink since 91. Did not like beer but loved Jack got up with him and went to bed with him. Stop smoking for a long time. When I lost Patty I started again. The kids hate it.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day