• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 11:23:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 611
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Hey Willie ====>

Started by Mugwump, March 04, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...did you find your water???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 04, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Unfortunately there is no WW nearby but so far everybody seems happy with this water.  The PH is similar to my old place and I have cycled filters running along with some SAFE. I will be doing a partial W/C tomorrow now that I have some heated aged water on standby. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 04, 2014, 04:43:12 PM

Unfortunately there is no WW nearby but so far everybody seems happy with this water.  The PH is similar to my old place and I have cycled filters running along with some SAFE. I will be doing a partial W/C tomorrow now that I have some heated aged water on standby. ;D

Good show....it won't be a big adjustment for them.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 04, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 04, 2014, 04:43:12 PM

Good show....it won't be a big adjustment for them.... ;D

I decided to do the WC today because of the overcrowding issue.  I'll probably do dailies until I can get my big tanks set up.  It's so easy to age and change water on small tanks.  LOL ;D
Willie

Mugwump

LOL...that does make it a bit easier ;D....'Sterilite' plastic tubs can be a good temp. help too...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2014, 05:30:46 AM
LOL...that does make it a bit easier ;D....'Sterilite' plastic tubs can be a good temp. help too...

I think i'll break down and buy another 29G for the bottom rack of this stand.  Too bad too bad the 1 dollar per gallon sale is over. :( I'll look around, sometimes there are other sales. 8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2014, 06:32:24 AM

I think i'll break down and buy another 29G for the bottom rack of this stand.  Too bad too bad the 1 dollar per gallon sale is over. :( I'll look around, sometimes there are other sales. 8)

check 'Craigslist'..in your area too....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2014, 08:17:47 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2014, 06:32:24 AM

check 'Craigslist'..in your area too....

Good idea. I also check google for aquarium stores in the area and there are at least 10 LFS's in the area.  Wow! I guess the petsmart/petco explosion hasn't done in these guys here yet. They came up in my search but were near the bottom of the list.
Willie

wsantia1

A couple of shots of the temporary place.  It's small. Only 1 bedroom.  I'm still in transition so excuse the clutter.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Nice pad....it'll work perfect for ya......unless, of course, you need new tank space...LOL
Jon

PaulineMi

The comforting glow of the fish tank.....home sweet home.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

These are really nice apartments.  I am going to look a the 3 bedroom ones. I could turn one room into a fish room.  The good thing is this is a cinder block building.  I would not be a worried like i was in my wood framed house.   
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2014, 02:21:46 PM
These are really nice apartments.  I am going to look a the 3 bedroom ones. I could turn one room into a fish room.  The good thing is this is a cinder block building.  I would not be a worried like i was in my wood framed house.

A lower one might be nice too....ground level...easier access to bring in those BIG tanks ...LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2014, 02:32:20 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2014, 02:21:46 PM

A lower one might be nice too....ground level...easier access to bring in those BIG tanks ...LOL

Absolutely.  These buildings also have elevators. LOL
Willie