• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 06:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

Bought a new internet machine

Started by LizStreithorst, April 08, 2014, 04:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I didn't wanna do it but I had no choice.  Support for NT has expired at the same time as the hard drive on my PC is about to give up the ghost.  At least both things have quit me or almost quit me at the same time.  I bought the cheapest one at the Microsoft store.  I HAD to buy the cheapest one.  It comes only with the Microsoft Office and Office Student.  I figured that was OK because all I ever want to do is edit pics and talk to my internet friends. 

My computer guy said stuff like, "touch screen" is a fad and Windows 8 isn't all that great.  Both of us thought that NT was fine.  He works with them all, so he should know.  But he agreed that I had no choice.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yeaaaaaa....Liz joins the 21st century ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....I shouldn't tease tho, because I'm due too.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Liz, I bought a touch screen laptop. It's not a necessary feature, although it is convenient occasionally.  I'm not sure I'd do it again.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Congrats on your new machine Liz!  Hope I am one of those who you will write on it!  My new small notebook laptop is a touch screen with Windows 8.  I am really enjoying it, had to learn a whole new way to use it, but now I am feeling quite high tech about it all.  I am using a stylus for the first time too, didn't even know what a stylus was until last week.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on April 09, 2014, 05:50:51 PMI am using a stylus for the first time too, didn't even know what a stylus was until last week.
Barb

:) :) :) Scary, isn't it, how techy we're all getting!!  :o :o :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...Mmmm  I may need to trade in my 8286, huh?.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

When I bought my new one a few months back I got the HP Envy Recline 27-K150XT I love it. It is a touch screen or you can use a mouse. Love that big 27" screen.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on April 10, 2014, 06:49:25 AM
When I bought my new one a few months back I got the HP Envy Recline 27-K150XT I love it. It is a touch screen or you can use a mouse. Love that big 27" screen.

...nice rig.. ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 10, 2014, 07:31:54 AM
Quote from: JR on April 10, 2014, 06:49:25 AM

...nice rig.. ;D

That is real good on the eyes JR.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

Us blind guys need a big screen. LOL
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

sschind

I bought a new touch screen laptop the same day I had ribs for dinner.  Anyone know a safe way to clean a computer screen.  Mine looks like a preschool finger painting.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on April 11, 2014, 10:00:50 PM
I bought a new touch screen laptop the same day I had ribs for dinner.  Anyone know a safe way to clean a computer screen.  Mine looks like a preschool finger painting.

LOL...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....soft damp rag, light pressure, clean water.....
Jon