• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 06:01:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 735
Total: 735

Lazy Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 06, 2021, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I feel OK but I'm having a lazy day anyway.  I finally got my lazy ass out of my jammies and into my comfortable not up to prime time cutoffs and tank top.  I have a load of laundry on.  I put a proven pair of rams in a tank I set up for them after yesterday's WC.  Other than dog, horse and self care chores (taking meds) that's about it.  My one mature moonflower is climbing up the tall wireweeds that are behind the fence.  I need to cut down some wireweed so I can encourage it to attach to the fence so I can see the flowers when they bloom instead them heading out to the pasture where I won't be able to see the flowers.

We haven't had rain in a while and I have little seedlings coming up that could use a nice watering.  I set up the best sprinkler I have ever owned and it broke for no apparent reason and no longer oscillates.  I went to Google and searched around.  Seems that many people who have the oscillating ones love them until they quit oscillating.  I bought a different type on Amazon just now.  I hope I like it and it lasts more than half a season.

Yesterday I ordered some expensive bed sheets that I've been lusting after for a very long time as well as a pair of Crocks to wear around the house and yard.  Now, I must must must go post some auctions on AB to help me pay for all this excessive spending.

Looking forward to seeing how all of you are doing.  Willie, you're in the same place as I am.  The main support of our bodies, our spines are slowly falling apart.  Ron, you appear to be on the mend despite the pain involved in the mending.  Barb, you are the only one of us who has only problems that can heal with time.  Except for the mother care you are doing, you are in great shape for our age.  It will be another day or two before you get the results from the brain stick. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I'm feeling lazy too but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the weather. It is sunny and hot and the temp is already at 94 degrees. That is quite a difference from yesterday. We do have a slight chance of a shower tonight. huh

There was no PT today so I am basically resting except for doing water changes on my fry tanks.  I did run over to the dog kennel to set up a new canister filter for them. I am trying to help them understand the nitrogen cycle. They think that they can just drop the fish in. huh I did add a bunch of aged media into the filter so maybe it won't take long for them to add fish..

My back has been in bad shape for quite a while.  A lot of my problems started when I was young and doing very physical work on the evening shift at the post office. These days there is all sorts of automation to make the job a lot easier. When I started working on that job there was no automation. huh

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie and Ron!  I am still waiting for my test result, but at least I feel totally well.  I wish I could offer all 3 of you help with your pains.  If I can think of something to help I will suggest it.  My late husband lived in almost constant pain, for about 20 years.  I remember how it made me suffer too, right along with him.  He has been gone 12 months as of this Sunday, my kids are coming for a visit that day.

I heard a frog in my garden this morning!  Wish I could have seen it too.  My huge bullfrog Jeremiah has been missing all summer.  He lived here for 4 years, now he is gone.  I miss him, he was so cool to see sitting on rocks at my pond.  Mainly late at night or early morning.  Liz, do you have frogs?  Willie?  I guess Ron may have lizards and snakes?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, I have tons of tree frogs.  They sing me to sleep every night.  What I have most are butterflies.  My last grooming customer said that it looked like a butterfly farm when she drove up.

Are you still fighting the lawn crickets or have you given up?

wsantia1

Barb we have frogs down by the pond. I hear them but never see them...that is until today. I saw a little frog on my driveway this morning. He just hopped away from me.
Willie

Barb

Glad you two have frogs, at least they still exist in other places.
Liz, I have gotten rid of the mole crickets.  The stuff I put on the lawn a few months ago worked, and I will do another treatment in late Sept. just to make sure.  It is a granular stuff I put on with a spreader.

Ron Sower

Hi guys... I guess Ron may have lizards and snakes? ...we have lizards, snake, and toads! ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I have lizards and snakes, too.  I haven't seen any snake this year because I haven't been tramping around as much as I have in the past.  Some lucky folks have Geckos but I don't.   

wsantia1

I have snakes too. Black snakes and Garter snakes. |^| |^| |^|
Willie