• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 748
Total: 749

Happy Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, February 21, 2024, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Hopefully you are all well. We have some sunshine today and the temp is at the high temp of 45F for the day.

I went back to the ortho doctor today as a follow up to the shot I got two weeks ago and I told them that the shot didn't appear to be working. They said that I may have been doing "too much too soon". That's funny because I've been laying on my butt for the last two weeks because I had Covid. huh It may be time to try something else. I don't want to have surgery and that's what they want me to do. >:(

I'm in the fishroom getting these water changes done and then I'm going to go sit on my butt some more. I can't wait for Spring to come.

Have a great day everybody.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy hump day Willie and all my other friends here.  Willie, if they could fix me with surgery I would have it done in a minute.  Until I got the degenerative disc disease I didn't know that there were back problems that even the best neurosurgeon could not fix.  I see the pain doctor on the 3rd of March.  As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to ask for stronger pain drugs.

My exciting news is that I have a new addition to the family. Here's the story.  My closest neighbor was presented with a day-old chick that her daughter brought home.  Since you can't have just 1 chicken (except in the case of Chicken Chicken who lives in the house and thinks of the dogs as her flock)  The girls mother, April, went out and bought 5 more day-olds.  She ended up with 3 females and 3 males.  The daughter's chick was one of the boys.  When his hormones started kicking in, he started being aggressive toward her and she was afraid of him.  Well, he was the rooster I thought that was the most handsome.  I asked if I could have him and she said yes.  Otherwise Shawn was going to put a bullet in his head.

He's in my chicken yard now.  I put Chicken Chicken in with him.  She stays with him during the day, and when the sun goes down she's ready to come back into the house for the night.

Poor Rooster has just one thing in mind.  Chicken Chicken has not started laying yet this year.  The way it works it that a hen is not receptive to the male until she starts laying, so poor Rooster is constantly frustrated.  Poor dude.  I would like to get another 4 or 5 hens to put in the pen.  I've been looking on facebook and craigs list, but so far there are none for sale near me.  I'm too old and bent to raise day-olds, like I used to, but it's still early in the year to find pullets so I'll keep looking.

That's about it for me.  It's been an awful back day so it'll just be the Discus who get WC.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 21, 2024, 04:18:04 PMHappy hump day Willie and all my other friends here.  Willie, if they could fix me with surgery I would have it done in a minute.  Until I got the degenerative disc disease I didn't know that there were back problems that even the best neurosurgeon could not fix.  I see the pain doctor on the 3rd of March.  As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to ask for stronger pain drugs.

My exciting news is that I have a new addition to the family. Here's the story.  My closest neighbor was presented with a day-old chick that her daughter brought home.  Since you can't have just 1 chicken (except in the case of Chicken Chicken who lives in the house and thinks of the dogs as her flock)  The girls mother, April, went out and bought 5 more day-olds.  She ended up with 3 females and 3 males.  The daughter's chick was one of the boys.  When his hormones started kicking in, he started being aggressive toward her and she was afraid of him.  Well, he was the rooster I thought that was the most handsome.  I asked if I could have him and she said yes.  Otherwise Shawn was going to put a bullet in his head.

He's in my chicken yard now.  I put Chicken Chicken in with him.  She stays with him during the day, and when the sun goes down she's ready to come back into the house for the night.

Poor Rooster has just one thing in mind.  Chicken Chicken has not started laying yet this year.  The way it works it that a hen is not receptive to the male until she starts laying, so poor Rooster is constantly frustrated.  Poor dude.  I would like to get another 4 or 5 hens to put in the pen.  I've been looking on facebook and craigs list, but so far there are none for sale near me.  I'm too old and bent to raise day-olds, like I used to, but it's still early in the year to find pullets so I'll keep looking.

That's about it for me.  It's been an awful back day so it'll just be the Discus who get WC.
I still think you oughta write a book!!!🤣
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thank you, Willie.  I could use an ego boost.  I'm glad to hear that somebody still thinks that I'm a good writer.  People would sometimes say that of me.  I think that I'm good at the short communication.  If I knew how to put short communications into a book, I'd try it.  However, writing a book requires the ability to accept failure after failure when publisher after publisher sends you a rejection notice.  Besides, whatever would I write about?  A bunch of random thoughts do not make for an interesting book.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 23, 2024, 02:22:18 PMThank you, Willie.  I could use an ego boost.  I'm glad to hear that somebody still thinks that I'm a good writer.  People would sometimes say that of me.  I think that I'm good at the short communication.  If I knew how to put short communications into a book, I'd try it.  However, writing a book requires the ability to accept failure after failure when publisher after publisher sends you a rejection notice.  Besides, whatever would I write about?  A bunch of random thoughts do not make for an interesting book.
. Just sit down and start writing. Each anecdote can be a one page chapter in "Little Laughs by Liz". Self publish through Amazon.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I may just give it a go, Ron.  If I were to look through my old threads here, I could do a lot of copy and pasting which would save a good bit of time.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2024, 10:43:02 AMI may just give it a go, Ron.  If I were to look through my old threads here, I could do a lot of copy and pasting which would save a good bit of time.
absolutely!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron