• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 738
Total: 738

Warm and couldy Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, February 10, 2024, 11:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Spring is here in the South.  It was sunny and in the 70's yesterday.  We'll be in the 70's again to day but rain is coming in tomorrow.  I won't complain about the rain.  We're still catching up from last year's terrible drought.

I apologize for not posting for so long.  My condition has worsened such that I have to either sit or lie down most of the time.  I don't have pain, it's that my spine no longer wants to hold me up for more than a few minutes at a time without having to sit and rest which means that I don't have anything of interest to say. But Barb told me that just checking in every few days and giving a weather report is better than my silence.

Today I made myself get going early.  By 10 I had 1/2 gallon of yogurt started, got my dishes washed and my kitchen swept and mopped, so now I'm taking a good rest before I tackle the rest of the floors.  It's probably a bad time what with rain coming in and dogs tracking in mud, but now is when I'm feeling strong enough to do it.

I let the folks on Simply know that I will no longer be breeding because the shipping part has become too difficult for me and there is no local demand for Discus.  I'm still messing with my silly Mystery Snails and Albino BN that the LPS never gets enough of.  The darned BN are so prolific, I actually have 4 60-wides devoted to breeding them out.  Of course, I will always have my Discus, and I have my 100-gallon planted tank right in front of the sofa full of colorful and active Rainbow fish.  It's only the Discus that need WC daily.  The others I do every 3 or 4 days.  THAT, I can handle.

All the dogs, my ancient horse Charlotte who still goes for a gallop just for the fun of it sometimes, my cat and Chicken Chiden are doing well.  Old big head is 14, deaf as a stone and almost blind is still getting around very well.  The cat, also 14 has no problems at all. 

The contest on Simply has ended.  Voting on the contest started.  Brian was supposed to donate the first prize of his home-bred fish but decided that they weren't growing as fast as they should be.  I had no choice but to donate mine.  Al said that he would pay for someone to help me bag and pack, but I'm hoping that whoever wins doesn't want my fish.    Second prize is half a kilo of freeze dried black worms  .So far the contest is very close.  Even though I wanted Al to win, since he won't want my fish, I had no choice but to vote for Chuck who tried so hard.  Willie, and Barb, if you haven't voted yet, please do.

I guess I'd better get going again, otherwise I'll be sitting on my ass in the fish room all day.  Y'all be happy, and healthy.  I'll try not to leave y'all for so long again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

It's good to see you back here, Liz. Barb is right about touching base here. I left you a phone message yesterday. I'm sorry you're having to deal with a weakened spine. Sounds like you're doing the best you can for it.

We had a break in our rainy weather yesterday, and had a sunny day! However, today we're back with clouds and drizzle and rain. They've got Phoenix open golf tournament this week and weekend and the rain has really been an issue for them.

Yesterday morning I went with Lucy over to our selling booths and I helped her stabilize a table or two in her booth. Then we reset everything on them. I have a feeling that starting out she's gonna have a lot more success selling her products than I am because mine is more specific to a hobby and not house decor.

Woke up with a bit of a scratchy throat yesterday & by the end of the day it was full-blown sore. Still sore this morning and I have a lot of head congestion and I'm really sluggish. Kili club meeting is tonight and I was planning on going. I hope I feel up to it, mainly because I have a box of plants to take to one of my customers who will be there.

The fish room is still perking along; I just need to get in there and do some work and water changes.

Barb, I know you've asked me several times to post pictures, that I haven't figured out how to do that yet. It looks simple when it says clicker drag files here to attach them, but it always tells me it won't attach my kind of file. So I got to go back and figure that out.

You have a good day everybody.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, ask Barb for her email addy and email the pics to her.

BallAquatics

Hey Liz, good to see you here.  I was getting worried.  I'm not here everyday, but when I do visit I usually check to see who's been posting and read the messages.

My old self-improvement coach, Zig Ziglar, always said, "Don't worry about what you can't do, focus on what you can do!"

Good to see you back!

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Dennis.  BTW, I adore that bike.  I bet it's smooth as silk.  I used to be big on the "nut busters", but these days a smooth easy ride is more attractive to me.

I got the kitchen and living room swept and mopped.  In fact, I mopped it twice. It looks great. I hope to be able to tackle the bedroom next.  Damn Chicken Chicken comes into the bedroom when the sun comes up and, of course, leaves. me a present of what her body has saved up during the night.  I pick it up, but it still needs good cleaning.  Right now I am spent. Thank God I did a good WC on the unimportant tanks yesterday so all I have this evening are the 3 Discus tanks

wsantia1

Hey Liz, I too am happy to see you back. Sorry your spine is giving you so much trouble. Like "Big Head" Kobe has also just turned 14 and is partially deaf and his cataracts are affecting his vision.

On a side note I have come down with my second bout of Covid. I don't how and where I got it but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a lot of plans for the Super Bowl today but now that is out the window. 

BTW Liz I did vote for Al.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.