• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 876
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 870
Total: 871

Sunny Friday

Started by wsantia1, February 09, 2024, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Morning everyone, It is a beautiful day here with sunny skies and temps getting into the high 50s. This is very unusual for this time of year so I'm sure that there are lots of people hitting the outdoors today.

I got my back shot yesterday and because I did it before I was in any real pain I was ready for anything when I left the doctor's office. I still have to take it easy for a couple of days and I will.

Just finished the water change on the Discus tank and I did some water testing and everything was a zero except for nitrites which came in at .5 The fish are loving it. So far out if the 5 Discus that I have 2 are nearing 6 inches. 1 is about 5 inches and the smallest 2 are around 4 inches.

They've been playing around a lot lately so I put a plastic cone in there to see if I can get breeding behavior from them and so far a 4 inch fish has taken over that little area. We'll see what happens. I have a 29 gallon tank all ready to go if needed when the time comes. Even if they don't breed for me I am still going to be very happy with them.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later in case someone has some input on these wonderful fish.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Bike is all back together and it was 63F here today.  Took it for it's first ride in 36 years.....

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 09, 2024, 05:29:57 PMBike is all back together and it was 63F here today.  Took it for it's first ride in 36 years.....

beautiful!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Wow Dennis. That looks new to me. Great job. |^|  |^|  |^|  |^|  |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks guys!  She does look pretty good for a 1979 model.  ;)

I've been smiling so much, my cheeks are starting to hurt  LOL

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 10, 2024, 03:16:30 PMThanks guys!  She does look pretty good for a 1979 model.  ;)

I've been smiling so much, my cheeks are starting to hurt  LOL
Do you have bugs in your teeth from the ride?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 11, 2024, 09:27:04 AMDo you have bugs in your teeth from the ride?

I don't think we have any bugs flying around in February!  LOL