• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 746
Total: 746

Chores done.

Started by LizStreithorst, April 25, 2016, 03:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I wish things that were a pain to do could just do themselves by throwing money at them.  It doesn't work that way.  the government won't just send me a bill for what I owe in taxes.  The dentist isn't bad but he takes for dang ever to get me in the room.  The glasses...well I've put off an eye exam for 12 years because it refuses to do itself.  I had to wait for ages (20 minutes) at the eye doctor and then had to wait more after the technician before the doctor came in.  Then it took forever for the lady who I give the the scrip to and fits the glasses and takes money to do her thing.  And when I was finally done, I couldn't see worth a damn and still had to drive home.  What a joy >:(

I left home with a wallet full of cash and after everyone had had their way with me I had $3.00 left.  I had planned to reward myself by buying a good meal.  That did not happen.

Bitch, bitch, bitch....It will be worth it when they call and I have my new glasses.  I will love being able to see.  I can handle cheap dime store glasses to read and work, but I can't use them for seeing far.  When I have to see close everything has to get bigger.  When I have to see far everything has to get smaller.  They don't make cheap glasses that make it smaller.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...now you need a nice chain to hang em around your neck.... ;D    bifocals?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on April 25, 2016, 04:15:53 PM
...now you need a nice chain to hang em around your neck.... ;D    bifocals?...

I will never have the old lady chain around my neck.  I'll keep them on all the time.  I need the top part to see far and the bottom part to see close.  She says I can see pretty well in the middle, thank God.

You know, of all the things I did, the eye doctor was the huge bargain.  She examined my eyes thoroughly with three different bright lights with me looking in every direction.  She said that all the veins behind my eyes are fine.  That is hugely important because the eye is connected to the brain which is connected to the heart.  She said that I had cataracts starting but I figured that because I'm 65 and I find myself needing more light.

I made her laugh, which was the best part.  Then I told her something that made her unsure of how to respond, but got her thinking.  I told her that I wanted to have a healthy body that could do what it needed to do until it got struck by lightning. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 25, 2016, 03:51:30 PM....  When I have to see far everything has to get smaller.  They don't make cheap glasses that make it smaller.
You could get a cheap pair of binoculars and look thru them thru the opposite end of the ocular lenses! And they wouldn't look like old lady chains hanging around your neck. You'd look like a birder...a much more respectable look...! 2c2 ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 26, 2016, 10:18:10 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 25, 2016, 03:51:30 PM....  When I have to see far everything has to get smaller.  They don't make cheap glasses that make it smaller.
You could get a cheap pair of binoculars and look thru them thru the opposite end of the ocular lenses! And they wouldn't look like old lady chains hanging around your neck. You'd look like a birder...a much more respectable look...! 2c2 ;)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 26, 2016, 01:21:34 PM

lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 26, 2016, 01:32:57 PM

lol
Hey, Willie! why the groaner Lurch??? That was a great idea and you know it!!!! :P :P :P :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 26, 2016, 10:53:30 PM

lol
Hey, Willie! why the groaner Lurch??? That was a great idea and you know it!!!! :P :P :P :P

That wasn't me. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 27, 2016, 05:51:17 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 26, 2016, 10:53:30 PM

lol

That wasn't me. huh
I didn't scroll down far enough...Sorry, Willie! I should have known it was the Mugs guy again! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron