• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 10:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 590
Total: 590

Mugwump Angels

Started by PaulineMi, July 27, 2013, 11:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I've moved the pre-breeder Manacapuru X and the juvenile Rio Negro/Sta Isabel angels from Jon into bigger tanks. Here is a picture of the angels in the 55 just after moving them.  I don't have a picture of the ones in the 65 yet.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Very nice Pauline.  When I think of Angels that how I picture them in my mind.

Dennis

ilroost

Mugwump

They're looking good and happy, nice job.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Thank you both.

I agree Dennis.  Way back before I had angels I printed out a picture that I saw on line. It was of Altums in a huge tank with some driftwood and vallisneria.  Some day I thought......

No altums but I've finally got two tanks with "that look".  These special tanks are in my fishroom for my viewing pleasure. The fancy angels are in the family room for their "wow factor".  They impress company and hubby. While I totally appreciate their beauty and how it was achieved, the wilds in a tank with vertical growth plants is soothing to observe.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on July 27, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
They're looking good and happy, nice job.... ;D

Jon the four Rio Negro/Sta Isabel kids in the 65 are entertaining to watch.  They share the tank with a pair of Peruvian cross spawning adults. There's a piece of driftwood that creates a boundary the kids are not allowed to cross.  One youngster will approach it, the other three watch and then tag along. I swear they're going "you go first" to the angel in front. Finally the adults charge and the little guys rush back to their safety zone.  Which by the way is a full three quarters of the tank.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PaulineMi

Here are the kids trying to bravely cross the boundary and then doubling back. 

Mugwump

LOL...frisky little snots, huh?.....very nice tank, I can see why they're frolicking.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I like your angel tanks. You did a great job on them.
Scott

PaulineMi

Barb

Those are really beautiful tanks, plants and fish,  very nicely done Pauline!
Barb

Jdmcfast

Are those low tech tanks or are you supplementing CO2?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Josh

JR

As always beautiful tanks and fish Pauline
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Thanks Barb and JR.

Josh the tanks are very low tech. Fish waste, water changes and normal output lighting keep them going.  ;)