• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 583
Total: 583

My Mugwump Forum Fish

Started by PaulineMi, July 15, 2013, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

While looking around in my fish room I realized most of my fish are here as a result of being a member of this forum.  For example:

First Liz convinced me discus could be kept in hard water. Barb explained the plant set up and made one of the pots.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

PaulineMi

Then the Angelfish USA contest resulted in my getting these Dantum angels and electric blue rams:
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

Then the Celestial Pearl Danios from Dennis became available...something we had planned on for over a year.

PaulineMi

Bill posted that he was going to find a new home for his Danio choprae. They arrived here about a month ago. Their eyes glow red when the light hits them.  They share a tank with some Pentazona barbs, rummynose tetras and some plecos.

PaulineMi

And finally, Jon's Rio Negro/Sta Isabel babies became available. A pair of Manacapuru cross also ended up here.  ;)

BallAquatics

Very nice Pauline.  Having seen your tanks, I knew my babies were going to receive most excellent care and have a wonderful new home.  You are a very good aquarist and your fish reflect that.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thank you Dennis.  I do try to create the best natural environment that I can for my fish while keeping it low tech. It's been fun getting fish from and on the advice of people on the forum. Time to stop now though. Fifty new fish in less than six month.....my husband no longer believes that I'm not getting more fish for real this time.  ::)

Mugwump

Nice tanks!! Everything looks good, and growing like weeds. I see that you have some feisty ones too...LOL.....Thanks for the share, Pauline, looks like they're all in goods hands... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's because we have become a community.   As a community we tend tolike and trust one another.  It's just the way it is.  Good fish, Pauline.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Ditto what Liz said Pauline.  Very good looking tanks , fish and plants!
Barb

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on July 15, 2013, 05:31:22 PM
Nice tanks!! Everything looks good, and growing like weeds. I see that you have some feisty ones too...LOL.....Thanks for the share, Pauline, looks like they're all in goods hands... ;D

Jon that fiesty behavior occurs if I approach their tank and don't immediately feed them. Talk about eager eaters. Lol.

Liz....good point.  And thank you Barb and JR.

Mugwump

LOL...I know.....we have a few jumpers in that batch too....they'll come right out after it... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson