• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 639
Total: 639

New addition to the family!

Started by jennd, June 19, 2013, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennd

Meet Cato!  He is the newest member of the family.  Cate is a pure bred German Shepherd.  My husband and I will be picking him up in two weeks.  The lady we got him from still has a few puppies left.

Mugwump

Are the leftovers white too???....We have a female shepherd too...you'll be glad that you got her, love the 'soft' eyes...that's what I look for in shepherds....what a pretty pup !!!..treat her like family, shepherds know when to 'take care of business'....she''ll love everybody, and guard the door when needed....I've seen folks ruin a good shepherd by feeling a need to teach then to be over protective...not needed...they just know, believe me..... ;D.....they'll show you the bad guys, it's natural......plus she'll learn the English language faster than an immigrant..talk to her like people..have fun ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

jennd

There is one white male, one black/tan male, and one black/tan female left.  If interested let me know and I will pm you her number.

Mugwump

Our Abby is a black/tan/creme female....she's a big girl for a female..100#'s easy....her mom was a jet black girl 'Adeline'...and a sweetie big girl too....we're not quite ready for another one yet...but it'll be either a solid black, or all white female....Shepherds are the best...be on your toes, they're very,very smart....sometimes too smart...LOL...and Shepherds have another great characteristic...they anticipate your needs/wants,etc...they learn so quick....your going to love that pup....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Great looking Pup. I have 3 GSD. Ruby A Black female The most loveable dog I have ever had. and very smart. Sampson a Black and Tan and Thor a White. Always have had males till i found Ruby. If I ever have another GSD it will be a female. They are great dogs. Have fun with her.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

pashley

what a beautiful pup. i miss my shepard.

LizStreithorst

Cute puppy.  At long as the pigment is dark white is OK.  It's not an accepted color by the AKC, but they are snooty about some things.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

That is a shame. I have never understood the AKC on that matter.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on June 20, 2013, 08:32:20 PM
That is a shame. I have never understood the AKC on that matter.

bunch of snobs anyway....Abby has excellent papers...but we never intended to show or breed her....although in hindsight, she'd been an excellent mother....we should have....alas
Jon

JR

When I was breeding shepherds Had to have them AKC papers. But now that we rescue them. AKC. is just letters

wiggs

liz is right the AKC does not accept White german shepards, which is really strange as they have been around since the 1950`s or longer.I also know that alot of breeders of german shepards, that are regular colors, breed white into their lines to get better genetics. That is why sometimes you will see a shepard with a little white on paws or a spot of white on their chest. Jon and I love german shepards, color doesn`t matter.     
Jan