• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:33:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 522
Total: 523

Weekend mowin...

Started by BallAquatics, May 19, 2016, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Just finished touching up the mower blades and gave the old girl a lube job.  My old Sears & Roebuck tractor only had a handful of grease zerks, but this IH has them on everything!  I guess that's a good thing as the bearings will probably out last me!

The way the schedule looks right now, Sunday is going to be mowing day.  Probably hit the ol homestead first and then head out to Mom's in the afternoon...

Dennis

Mugwump

I haven't even looked to see if I have any on the mower....it's likely not as big as yours....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I'm not sure how Pop came to have a commercial IH mower....  I never asked him. As Terri's condition got worst we didn't get to spend much time together, but we used to be very close,  We hunted and fished and when he tired of retirement, I got him a job with me.  He was 70 and working Mon-Fri 10 hours a day and another 8 hours on Saturday.  We were closing an old landfill and had all these earth movers running around.  He ran the water truck to keep the haul roads wet to control the dust.  He was a great Dad.....  I named my son after him.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I need to mow the fence row and spray roundup
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 06:47:50 PM
I need to mow the fence row and spray roundup

..spray white vinegar..it's cheaper... ;D...........and environmentally friendly too  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Maybe next time.  I have the roundup.  It's safe to use around the house.  The problem isn't with roundup.  It's with roundup safe food crops grown on huge farms.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 07:03:00 PM
Maybe next time.  I have the roundup.  It's safe to use around the house.  The problem isn't with roundup.  It's with roundup safe food crops grown on huge farms.

http://www.agardenforthehouse.com/2011/06/got-weeds-use-vinegar-not-roundup/
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 07:03:00 PM
It's safe to use around the house.  The problem isn't with roundup.

I read an article a while back about how they are finding that it kills the micro organisms that keep the soil healthy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/business/misgivings-about-how-a-weed-killer-affects-the-soil.html?_r=1
http://www.planetnatural.com/roundup-killing-soil/

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
sorry...I'll be using roundup.  http://www.clarionledger.com/story/life/2015/05/13/felder-rushing-hysteria-aside-roundup-safe-gardens/27183163/

"And speaking of Roundup! In 2011 the product?s manufacturer, Monsanto, agreed with the New York Attorney General?s office to discontinue their use of the terms ?biodegradable? and ?environmentally friendly? in ads promoting Roundup. Why? Because these terms were false. Roundup is neither biodegradable nor environmentally friendly.

The next time you want to murder your weeds, why douse them with something that will remain in the soil for who knows how long?"
Jon

LizStreithorst

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
sorry...I'll be using roundup.  http://www.clarionledger.com/story/life/2015/05/13/felder-rushing-hysteria-aside-roundup-safe-gardens/27183163/

No need for sorrow, to each her own.  Felder Rushing sounds like one of Exxon's climate scientists  LOL.  He says he can cite numerous examples, and yet he doesn't cite anything.  Just his sound and knowledgeable advice on the matter.  I'm  guessing he is a renowned authority.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 07:55:54 PM
link, please.

...same as above one that I posted.... ;D.........

http://www.agardenforthehouse.com/2011/06/got-weeds-use-vinegar-not-roundup/

...if you want, you might even to return the Roundup, and get the white vinegar..........Jan read up on it and started us using it....
Jon

LizStreithorst

That is not a link to what Monsanto said.  It's a link to what the gardener said that it said.  Not good enough, Mug

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2016, 08:33:55 PM
That is not a link to what Monsanto said.  It's a link to what the gardener said that it said.  Not good enough, Mug

...read below the second picture....it's what I quoted.....if you're looking for another quote or something in one of Dennis' post...then ???
Jon