• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

Ok, now it's Sunday...

Started by Mugwump, May 15, 2016, 06:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is very good....MMmmmm....a lazy morn'n here, no hurry at all to get going.... |^|

..32 deg's out there at the moment...... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf....headed to a sunny day in the mid 50's......I think this should be the last frost... huh

...putz'n and loaf'n for today.....yup.....that be all.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not making fun of me are you ;)  Happy Sunday everyone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 15, 2016, 06:59:30 AM
Not making fun of me are you ;)  Happy Sunday everyone.

...maybe just a little.. ;D....but I had to look myself this morn'n to make sure.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Sunday always comes after Saturday, unless you skip one.  :)  I'm pretty sure we've all done it.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 15, 2016, 07:19:37 AM
Sunday always comes after Saturday, unless you skip one.  :)  I'm pretty sure we've all done it.

...skip what?.... huh...LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Happy sunday everyone. While the coffee was good this morning the temp was only 48 degrees. It going to struggle to hit 60 today but the Sun is out and it's not too breezy yet.

It's water change day. I will darken up a couple of tanks with Rooibos Tea which mimics black water and provides a soothing environment for the Altums. They get much more active when I put the tea in the tanks but I have to look hard to see them until after I've done a couple of water changes. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 15, 2016, 07:54:09 AM
... I will darken up a couple of tanks with Rooibos Tea which mimics black water and provides a soothing environment for the Altums...

If you are using RO or rain water, you can get the same effect with just a few dried leaves.....

I used oak leaves with great success when spawning my Nanostomus mortenthaleri.....

It makes it easy to control the amount of tannins released into the water too.   |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Or a media bag filled with peat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I actually like the Rooibos Tea. I put it in a media bag and I am set. I have a pound of it in the fridge and I change the media bag out every month or so. It's been working well. mim mim mim
Willie

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 15, 2016, 08:34:30 AM
Or a media bag filled with peat.

Peat's a No No don't you know.  Not a sustainable resource.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Willie

wsantia1

It's water change day.

Well this is postponed until tomorrow. My cheap ass transfer pump crapped out. I have a new one on order from Amazon Prime. 84 bucks with free shipping. It will be here tomorrow. With my back issues I can't do WCs manually anymore. wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 15, 2016, 09:55:39 AM

It's water change day.

Well this is postponed until tomorrow. My cheap ass transfer pump crapped out. I have a new one on order from Amazon Prime. 84 bucks with free shipping. It will be here tomorrow. With my back issues I can't do WCs manually anymore. wfwf wfwf wfwf
Luckily I can still do them, Willie. But I've made it easier because I have my large tank close to the slider door and just drain it into the gutter runnoff pipe outside. Then I just switch the drain tube end across the den to the utility sink in the laundry room. A lot easier for me now than schlepping buckets. The other 3 (soon to be 4) small 5g's are easy just to pull out 1 gallon and replace with a gallon jug. I don't have as many tanks as you and the others on here have.....poooooor me.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  ....and I really miss that.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'll be putzing most of the day with cleaning off my desk and doing a water change.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 15, 2016, 12:01:37 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 15, 2016, 09:55:39 AM

It's water change day.

Luckily I can still do them, Willie. But I've made it easier because I have my large tank close to the slider door and just drain it into the gutter runnoff pipe outside. Then I just switch the drain tube end across the den to the utility sink in the laundry room. A lot easier for me now than schlepping buckets. The other 3 (soon to be 4) small 5g's are easy just to pull out 1 gallon and replace with a gallon jug. I don't have as many tanks as you and the others on here have.....poooooor me.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  ....and I really miss that.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'll be putzing most of the day with cleaning off my desk and doing a water change.

I could have started a siphon to empty the upper level tanks put it would have been a slow go so I just decided to wait until tomorrow. mim mim mim
Willie