• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

My pressure cooker story

Started by LizStreithorst, May 14, 2016, 01:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I was looking at pressure cookers.  A guy on my cooking had just bought one and had posted all the research he had done.  The best of the best was about $280. which was out of the question.  The second best was a  Fagor Duo.  Macy's had them on sale for $75.  Best price anyone had ever seen...I promptly ordered one.  One arrived a few days later at the shop.  Another was delivered that evening at my house!

Macy's coesn't have a "contact us" button on their site so I had to call the 800 number and push 1, push 2, and push 3 before I was connected with a human being in India.  His English was good but he had no idea how to deal with someone wanting to send something back that she hadn't pair for.  At one point I had to say, "hey, I'm trying to do you guys a favor.  You sent me something I didn't pay for."  He had to put me on hold twice while he talked to his supervisor.  It was decided that they would snail mail me a shipping label and phone me Wed. to arrange sending pick-up for it.

Monday I got an email from them saying that they had received my return request and would refund my credit card when they received the item(?).  Wed. rolled around.  No shipping label and no phone call.  Today is Saturday and still nothing.  I put the dang unopened box in the back of Charlotte.  I called my most wonderful neighbor who I love when I left work.  She doesn't have one and would like one.  I dropped it off at her house when I got home.  She was delighted.  It's truly beautiful and has the weight of something that is made well and made to last.

It appears that I have the magic touch.  Over Christmas I ordered a dehumidifier from a guy on E-bay.  I got 3!!!!!  I contacted the guy about sending the extras back and apparently it was too much trouble to send pick-up for them huh  The moral of the story is, if you want to order something nice have me order for you and send me the extra one.  I have the magic touch.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 14, 2016, 01:21:41 PM
I was looking at pressure cookers.  A guy on my cooking had just bought one and had posted all the research he had done.  The best of the best was about $280. which was out of the question.  The second best was a  Fagor Duo.  Macy's had them on sale for $75.  Best price anyone had ever seen...I promptly ordered one.  One arrived a few days later at the shop.  Another was delivered that evening at my house!

Macy's coesn't have a "contact us" button on their site so I had to call the 800 number and push 1, push 2, and push 3 before I was connected with a human being in India.  His English was good but he had no idea how to deal with someone wanting to send something back that she hadn't pair for.  At one point I had to say, "hey, I'm trying to do you guys a favor.  You sent me something I didn't pay for."  He had to put me on hold twice while he talked to his supervisor.  It was decided that they would snail mail me a shipping label and phone me Wed. to arrange sending pick-up for it.

Monday I got an email from them saying that they had received my return request and would refund my credit card when they received the item(?).  Wed. rolled around.  No shipping label and no phone call.  Today is Saturday and still nothing.  I put the dang unopened box in the back of Charlotte.  I called my most wonderful neighbor who I love when I left work.  She doesn't have one and would like one.  I dropped it off at her house when I got home.  She was delighted.  It's truly beautiful and has the weight of something that is made well and made to last.

It appears that I have the magic touch.  Over Christmas I ordered a dehumidifier from a guy on E-bay.  I got 3!!!!!  I contacted the guy about sending the extras back and apparently it was too much trouble to send pick-up for them huh  The moral of the story is, if you want to order something nice have me order for you and send me the extra one.  I have the magic touch.

....LOL...cool...we coulda used both those too...LOL...HMMMmmm....now what do we need....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I never have that kind of luck. You are just getting repaid for some good deeds you've done in the past. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It would be nice to think that what goes around comes around, but I wasn't always a nice person.  I was always honest but I was hard to get along with for many many years.  My nephew who loves me said that my default mode was "pissed off".  I actually prayed that I be nicer.  Guess what?  It happened :o  I can still be hard and vindictive when I've been done wrong.  I am no push over.   But these days my default mode is "kind".

Having said that, I have a new opportunity to turn the screws on an old enemy who has surfaced again from the pond scum.  I just have to wait for the right moment.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 14, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
It would be nice to think that what goes around comes around, but I wasn't always a nice person.  I was always honest but I was hard to get along with for many many years.  My nephew who loves me said that my default mode was "pissed off".  I actually prayed that I be nicer.  Guess what?  It happened :o  I can still be hard and vindictive when I've been done wrong.  I am no push over.   But these days my default mode is "kind".

Having said that, I have a new opportunity to turn the screws on an old enemy who has surfaced again from the pond scum.  I just have to wait for the right moment.

I said "Good Deeds". lol  mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 14, 2016, 04:00:13 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 14, 2016, 03:15:40 PM

I said "Good Deeds". lol  mim mim mim

...+1......LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

.....  The moral of the story is, if you want to order something nice have me order for you and send me the extra one.  I have the magic touch.

I'd like one of them cute little Russian Brides, (the ones they keep emailing me about).  If they are going to send two, tell them we want twins!   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 14, 2016, 05:53:06 PM
.....  The moral of the story is, if you want to order something nice have me order for you and send me the extra one.  I have the magic touch.

I'd like one of them cute little Russian Brides, (the ones they keep emailing me about).  If they are going to send two, tell them we want twins!   |^|

Dennis

...LOL....snort snort..... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dennis, you need to want something that I want the extra one of when 2 are delivered to me.