• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 732
Total: 732

Saturday's morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 14, 2016, 06:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Gloomy morn'n...39deg's..dark, windy, and dank.....miserable....

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore?
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
??Tis some visitor,? I muttered, ?tapping at my chamber door?
            Only this and nothing more.?

...more coffee....more coffee....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great this morning. The first part of the day will be great as well then those storms move in from the midwest and it all goes down hill. We went from a drought type of environment to a surplus one in two weeks.  huh wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 14, 2016, 06:32:29 AM
Coffee is great this morning. The first part of the day will be great as well then those storms move in from the midwest and it all goes down hill. We went from a drought type of environment to a surplus one in two weeks.  huh wfwf wfwf wfwf

..coffee's really good.... |^|...pot #2... |^|...things are looking up, except for the weather, that is...seems like a good morn'n for 'flap jacks' and sausage..?..
...a bundled up trip to the local diner might be in order... huh?

I can see an afternoon(morn'n?) nap come'n on too.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee first. Then, a few hours at the gun shop. Then, a chilly sprint car evening. Cold air makes horsepower. I won't forget that as my teeth chatter. For now coffee's good.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 14, 2016, 07:07:42 AM
Coffee first. Then, a few hours at the gun shop. Then, a chilly sprint car evening. Cold air makes horsepower. I won't forget that as my teeth chatter. For now coffee's good.

...you'll need your long John's tonight !!...they're calling for close to frost, or frost, temps tonight.....take your hand warmers...LOL

..oh..and a 'Thermos' of coffee... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

....looks like some fish room putz'n too....I forgot that I need to clean up the hot mag's and get em going again.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..dang !!!!....looks like it's going to snow..??????...weird skies, cold winds....??
Jon

Ron Sower

59 here this late morning...and raining outside.....ugh >:(

Putzing here today too....just finished an excellent cup of coffee....cleaning some stuff off an old computer so I can donate it to a charity...I must have had a million photos on it!

The Sterbai's are cavorting all over the tank this morning. More than usual. Funny thing, I see them cavorting a lot in spawning behavior but never any eggs. I thing the rest of the tank-mates take care of that.  Especially the Odessa Barbs.....! However, the Pandas must be better at hiding the eggs, because a few days ago we noticed 2 half grown Panda Cories out and about!!!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...the sterbias will lay them all over the place...under leaves, yada yada....good luck...

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 14, 2016, 11:45:31 AM
59 here this late morning...and raining outside.....ugh >:(

Putzing here today too....just finished an excellent cup of coffee....cleaning some stuff off an old computer so I can donate it to a charity...I must have had a million photos on it!

The Sterbai's are cavorting all over the tank this morning. More than usual. Funny thing, I see them cavorting a lot in spawning behavior but never any eggs. I thing the rest of the tank-mates take care of that.  Especially the Odessa Barbs.....! However, the Pandas must be better at hiding the eggs, because a few days ago we noticed 2 half grown Panda Cories out and about!!!

I never see any eggs or Sterbai fry but they are surely fat. I know my Altums take good care of them. lol huh
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 14, 2016, 06:32:29 AM
The first part of the day will be great as well then those storms move in from the midwest and it all goes down hill. We went from a drought type of environment to a surplus one in two weeks.  huh wfwf wfwf wfwf

After a great early part of the day the skies have opened up. T-Storms due soon. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Guess what?  I woke up this morning believing that it was Sunday.  This has never happened to me before.  Thank God a customer called a 8 am and asked if I could get her dog in.  I said. "It's Sunday".  She said that today was Saturday.  After a long pause I said, "It is!"  She asked me if I was OK.  I am OK.  I can't imagine why I woke up thinking that it was Sunday, I just did huh  I wasn't hung over or in any way impaired.  I hope this doesn't mean that I'm loosing it ??? I got myself off my ass and got to work early and did all my dogs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 14, 2016, 05:03:30 PM
Guess what?  I woke up this morning believing that it was Sunday.  This has never happened to me before.  Thank God a customer called a 8 am and asked if I could get her dog in.  I said. "It's Sunday".  She said that today was Saturday.  After a long pause I said, "It is!"  She asked me if I was OK.  I am OK.  I can't imagine why I woke up thinking that it was Sunday, I just did huh  I wasn't hung over or in any way impaired.  I hope this doesn't mean that I'm loosing it ??? I got myself off my ass and got to work early and did all my dogs.

"What a drag it is getting old......""....

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 14, 2016, 05:47:55 PM

Beats the $%#@ out of the alternative.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 14, 2016, 05:54:39 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 14, 2016, 05:47:55 PM

Beats the $%#@ out of the alternative.....

Dennis

....yes sir, it does.....it's always better than the other side of the sod..... |^|
Jon