• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 551
Total: 552

Monday's coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 09, 2016, 06:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Good morn'n everyone.....the coffee is very good on this cloudy, dank, overcast day...rain moving in here for the next few days...we'll be putz'n inside during this wet spell...

...water changes and tidying up in the fish room, and trying to get some fry counts from the various tanks....just might separate again, and select/reselect some keepers... |^|....

..I need to order just the sponges for the sponge filters....there are way too many old ones down there now....and many are starting to get pretty flimsy..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2......coffee is going down real good....MMmmmmm......pretty cool outside.....heat just came on..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee was very good here this morning. Weather is nice but the weather folks don't sound convincing as they are forecasting good weather for the upcoming week. They left themselves an out by saying we may have a pop up shower here and there. huh Sounds like thunderstorm to me.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 09, 2016, 09:38:05 AM
Coffee was very good here this morning. Weather is nice but the weather folks don't sound convincing as they are forecasting good weather for the upcoming week. They left themselves an out by saying we may have a pop up shower here and there. huh Sounds like thunderstorm to me.

...They just said rain for here through Wednesday...then cloudy??....LOL....
Jon

Ron Sower

50s and cloudy here now, but clearing and going into mid-upper 60s by this afternoon. Usually it will exceed the predicted high lately.

I've finished my first cup of coffee and it was especially good today! Not sure why.

This Friday I go back to foot surgeon to remove dressing from foot to see how it's doing. Wish it were today, but such is life!  Got some RE work to do today...online though. Got a fellow who isn't really attuned to the urgency of meeting deadlines. I really don't want him to lose his deal, but if he doesn't comply he just might.

Anyone ever heard of commission breath?  It's a phrase used in some areas to describe how a sales person treats his customer...implying that he wants to hurry the sale at all costs to get a commission. I definitely don't have commission breath. If the client doesn't respond to my advice in a way that helps him/her sell or buy the house, no problem for me. Like Liz, I know what I'm doing in my field and am confident in it. They hired me for a reason.  They snooze, they loose!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

....people who aren't prompt show disrespect......as a past manager, it's pet peeve of mine.....and doesn't settle well at all....I've cancelled job interviews over it......yep, you snooze, you lose.... 2c2
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 09, 2016, 12:26:22 PM
....people who aren't prompt show disrespect......as a past manager, it's pet peeve of mine.....and doesn't settle well at all....I've cancelled job interviews over it......yep, you snooze, you lose.... 2c2

So have I. 2c2
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 09, 2016, 03:24:31 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 09, 2016, 12:26:22 PM

So have I. 2c2

....well that and dressing like a fool too.....sheesh...
Jon