• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 754
Total: 754

Saturday and warm

Started by Barb, December 18, 2021, 05:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, it is so foggy out at 6am that I can' t see past my fence.  Hope it is gone by 9 when I need to go pick up my mom for a short trip with her, 4 hrs.  I am taking her to the cemetery to see  Wreaths Across America, it is a very emotional sight to see.  She has never been there.  There is a live green wreath with a red bow on each grave, I estimate at least 5000 in this vet cemetery.  The temp is to be 78 and sunny, highly unusual for mid Dec. here.  Should be about 50.  I have a night event, 5-10 at Tryon Palace for their candlelight tour and festivities tonight, and it will be almost hot.

Hope you all have a good day and I will check back in later.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. We had rain roll in overnight and even though I had a lousy night's sleep I never heard it.

We have light rain at the moment with the temp at 42 degrees and going up to 51F this afternoon. It will be cloudy most of the day with the rain starting up again at round 6PM.

I have some fish people coming in to bring me some fancy guppies and other assorted fish in exchange for some mouth brooding wild bettas that I hate. These wild bettas are not attractive, dirty and are great jumpers. I lost a few that I still can't figure out how they were able to jump out of the tank to commit suicide. huh I'll be glad to get rid of them.

They will also be going home with some specially selected Java Moss (courtesy of Barb) as a parting gift. mim mim mim I actually have a tank with just Java Moss and no live stock in it. ???

Today is turtle and invertebrate tank water change day. That and the guppies will keep me busy most of the day.

I did pick up a beautiful 6 pound prime rib for cheap yesterday. I will cut it in half and make it half of it for dinner over this weekend. I love prime rib but I don't get to eat it much. It was on sale for $4.99 a pound.

Have a great day everyone and I will check in with you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  It's still warm but we had some rain last night, this morning and we're supposed to have more this afternoon.  Then it will turn cooler.  Cooler isn't my preferred cup of tea.

I got a Discus pair moved and the spawn of Rams moved to sterile tanks yesterday.  Ram's didn't skip a beat.  The Discus pair did get some minor ammonia burns on their fins.  I'm going to introduce some worthless gold rams to a tank that I think is ready before I add the valuable fish.  I'm working on getting the other 40 breeder ready today and have already put some gold rams in a 100 and a 60 wide that I believe to be ready.

Before I move my baby Discus to the 60 I think I'll play it safe and cycle it first with Rams.  Baby Discus can't handle any kind of stress and I'd kill myself If I were to loose them.  I'll have to sterilize and dry some of my old filters before I move fish to the 100.  I need to order bases from 6 of the sponges Chef Andy gave me.  I'll call Jehmco tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I wish I could figured out why I've been in such an optimistic mood here lately.  When I look toward the future realistically I have nothing to feel optimistic about.  I wonder if I've finally come to understand that each day is only as good as I make it.  That once I'm below ground I won't have the opportunity to have a good day.  I hope so.  I took it easy in the fish room today but still got fish moved and tanks ready.  I just really didn't want to push myself because I pushed myself yesterday.  My body is saying "Enough!" and my body holds the cards.  It seems that there is no daylight left.  Thank God it is close to the Solstice.  Days will get longer, hens will start laying galore and then I'll be looking forward to warmth and the rebirth of the natural world that comes with Spring.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, this is one of the best posts you have ever made.  Keep it up!
Barb