• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:01:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Smokey Pariaba's

Started by Mugwump, September 10, 2014, 09:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've got a few of these tucked away...(2) std fin, (2) veils...they've grown up to be gorgeous....wish that I had a decent camera, and could take a good pic....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Are the ones I got from you related to these? Those are beautiful. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

You've got my attention.  I have a tank that would fit the veils.   ;D ;D ;D  My fancy angel tank needs some more show offs in it....Plz put me on a smokey paraiba veil list if/when they spawn.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2014, 01:03:24 PM

Yes, they are Willie... ;D
Quote from: PaulineMi on September 10, 2014, 01:30:37 PM
You've got my attention.  I have a tank that would fit the veils.   ;D ;D ;D  My fancy angel tank needs some more show offs in it....Plz put me on a smokey paraiba veil list if/when they spawn.

LOL....these haven't paired yet.....but their siblings are spawning as we chat....let's see what happens... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I have 6 survivors from a recent spawn that I am trying to grow out.  I mentioned previously the problem I had with the spawn having many belly sliders.

The good new is the pair is still spawning regularly.  The bad new is I don't have room for them. 

I got the Smokeys and a couple of regular Paraiba left from that spawn but sadly I did get any Chocolate Paraibas out of the survivors.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2014, 01:54:50 PM
I have 6 survivors from a recent spawn that I am trying to grow out.  I mentioned previously the problem I had with the spawn having many belly sliders.

The good new is the pair is still spawning regularly.  The bad new is I don't have room for them. 

I got the Smokeys and a couple of regular Paraiba left from that spawn but sadly I did get any Chocolate Paraibas out of the survivors.

You may need some RO to get your TDS's down lower....??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 10, 2014, 02:02:45 PM

No TDS was 104.  I think too current was an issue.  The plat fry that I had in that tank came through fine.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2014, 02:05:47 PM

No TDS was 104.  I think too current was an issue.  The plat fry that I had in that tank came through fine.

A ha, cool....HOB??....or sponges??.....move the slate work???
Jon

wsantia1

Also these Paraiba fry I attempted to have fostered by my Plat pair.  They may have been eaten in the process since there were far fewer than the amount I transferred into that tank.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Also these Paraiba fry I attempted to have fostered by my Plat pair.  They may have been eaten in the process since there were far fewer than the amount I transferred into that tank.

Well that stinks......phweeeehy..... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on September 10, 2014, 01:40:33 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2014, 01:03:24 PM

Yes, they are Willie... ;D
Quote from: PaulineMi on September 10, 2014, 01:30:37 PM

LOL....these haven't paired yet.....but their siblings are spawning as we chat....let's see what happens... ;D

Well, last time they took the spawn to two days....this time about 2 hours...LOL....snots, next one's mine.....so there... ;D
Jon

JC

Those are some beautiful smokey paraibas... I remember seeing them when I was at your place. I didn't bother asking if you'd sell them because I didn't think you would, I know I wouldn't haha

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 10, 2014, 06:50:59 PM
Those are some beautiful smokey paraibas... I remember seeing them when I was at your place. I didn't bother asking if you'd sell them because I didn't think you would, I know I wouldn't haha

I have a few that I can part with now....I have two pair separated and likely another begrudgingly forming....a little bickering going on at the moment.... ;D....I'm thinking that I will have males without mates....??
Jon