• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

Sunday morn'n pot of..

Started by Mugwump, March 22, 2015, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee went poof....and it was so good too....seems like on swap mornings the pot goes fast....yep..

...We got to the swap early so we could set up....it was around 8:15??....anyway drank coffee and set up a couple tanks while waiting for Bob and Gale to arrive.......finished up about the time they were rolling in the goodies. I had a couple pre-sales so I looked around for those folks, them gabbed with Josie and Miranda a bit....cruised by Frank and his squeeze...then by Warren who had brought some nice black veils and smokey veils....resisted temptation...and moved over to another guys table where he normally sells live bearers and a few BN's.....he had a few bags of stunning Koi from a SR koi spawn.....big juvies.....I grabbed a couple....for grins...might cross them into one of the Koi pair lines???   it's about time that I get some fresh genes in there..... ;D....finally.....
....grabbed a bag of L144 LF from Frank....look much better than his early LF's....

...then the doors opened and the cast of thousands were let in.....not a huge crowd, which we had expected...but a decent crowd that didn't slack off til after 12:30...even then we sold some fish...We only set up two tanks....I didn't feel like hauling more water than that...I estimate we took around 250-300 angels...we brought home around 40, or so....we had em priced to sell, so tank space could be cleared....there's another large spawn of PB blue marbles that will need plenty of space....

We got home and unloaded, then Jan rode with #2 son Matt to show him where to pick up a couch that her girl friend for free from her neighbor....I put fish back acclimated a few more, cleaned up the mess, finished the wash and folde it...then fed Abby, Heidi, and Manny...not realixing that Jan had fed the dogs before she left....LOL....the gals scarfed every bit of it too...LOL......

Anyway, big bowls of soup for dinner and we're now molding out...yep....even had a good friends son call about coming over to get his buddy some fish....LOL...they'll be coming tomorrow....we're pooped....

oh, forgot to mention that I won the drawing at the end of the TAS meeting the other night...the prize that I chose were the (6) 'green' angels that Ted Santos (Terrapins, "House of Orange") has been working on..Ted came by, and dropped them off, and we chatted a bit.....it's variety of ghosts/marbles/etc....very interesting looking....and NO PB genes to boot......

so Ill close as Manny jumps up in my lap for his 'sugar' that he missed out on today while were gone

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Full day for sure. Is the Frank you mentioned our missing Frank the Plumber?  And congrats on winning the angels from Ted.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 22, 2015, 05:40:05 PM
Full day for sure. Is the Frank you mentioned our missing Frank the Plumber?  And congrats on winning the angels from Ted.  :)

Why yes he is.... ;D......It was worth more just having having Ted stop by and drop them off....LOL....he can be rather reclusive sometimes....but really is a nice guy...it's been quite some time since we've had 'face time' together.... ;D....and you can imagine as to what we dedicated most our conversation about...... ::)...and not fish...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Ummmm....music and concert piano stuff?  Lol....I think that's not it.  8)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I know that Joni scored a nice BN.....but I never did see what Scott snuck out with.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

b125killer

Joni's pleco is a L246. I'm a little jealous over it too. It's a really nice looking pleco. I don't have any pics of him yet. I'll post it when I do.
I just picked up some plants. I was pouting over the cories most the day.   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 22, 2015, 07:27:51 PM
Joni's pleco is a L246. I'm a little jealous over it too. It's a really nice looking pleco. I don't have any pics of him yet. I'll post it when I do.
I just picked up some plants. I was pouting over the cories most the day.

Pleco Pete's usually not like that....odd....he does pack a lot of boxes for swap trips down from Detroit.....I can see him losing something....but.....???
Jon

b125killer

I was thinking, at the time he emailed me I was still walking around the swap. He could of easily said something.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 22, 2015, 07:50:25 PM
I was thinking, at the time he emailed me I was still walking around the swap. He could of easily said something.

Yes, maybe he could have...??...then again he had a crowd over there most the day too....I did see him wondering later in the day tho....can't remember if you were still there, or not then....???

They're talking about having a swap during the cichlid classic in May......that could be interesting???
Jon

b125killer

That could be interesting. They have the auction then too. I'm not going to the auction this year. last year there wasn't that much there. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 22, 2015, 08:03:12 PM
That could be interesting. They have the auction then too. I'm not going to the auction this year. last year there wasn't that much there.

Yes, but it's a three day event....the swap would be Saturday, and the auction more than likely on Sunday.....at least that's how I see it......maybe we'll know soon???
Jon

b125killer

They do the fish show on Saturday. I almost think that a swap would be too much. The auction last all day on Sunday. unless they try and do both on Sunday. but then if they did a swap on Saturday they may get a better turn out for there fish show. It's hard telling what they might do.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 22, 2015, 08:20:40 PM
They do the fish show on Saturday. I almost think that a swap would be too much. The auction last all day on Sunday. unless they try and do both on Sunday. but then if they did a swap on Saturday they may get a better turn out for there fish show. It's hard telling what they might do.

I think that's part of the plan....??....we'll see, I guess.....
Jon