• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 496
Total: 496

Tis time for Tuesday's ....

Started by Mugwump, March 17, 2015, 05:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..morn'n coffee....30's outside, warm in here and the coffee is super great this morning...not much planned today...some fish room putz'n and whatever.....might even try to finish a book..??

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

.........Pot #2 while waiting for you folks to get out of bed.... ;D....it almost looks like snow clouds outside....please say it isn't so.... ???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Getting my first cup for today. We're heading back to WA state on a 6PM flight. Packing up some small pieces of Texas Holey Rock I picked up from cousins' yard to see if I can get it back inexpensively. The stuff is all over from San Antonio to Austin area.

The first time I was here a few years ago, I packed up 3 boxes of it and checked it as baggage for nothing on SW. Don't think I can get it on for nothing now. Back then I had a 100g with African Cichlids and made the rock structure appear to be a coral reef. People thought it was a marine aquarium! This time I'm taking it to the Swap Meet this coming Sunday.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

They get a nice buck for that stuff up here......
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2015, 07:00:42 AM
.........Pot #2 while waiting for you folks to get out of bed.... ;D....it almost looks like snow clouds outside....please say it isn't so.... ???

It looked the same way out here this morning but now it's bright and sunny. Very windy and pretty chilly though.

Texas holey rock is definitely costly. I also had it in an African cichlid tank. And like you experienced Ron, people thought it was a saltwater tank.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Well, I'm home now and I did get 30lbs of small holey rock in a box and shipped for no extra cost!!!! I'll take some of it to the swap meet this Sunday.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron