• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 10:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

Call me a sissy

Started by LizStreithorst, March 05, 2015, 04:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

You Yankees may think that I'm a sissy.  I don't care.  Anyone would be suffering with a drop in temperature from 81 to 37 in 24 hrs. time.  And OMG, the wind...25 to 30 from the north.  And I've had a cold since Monday.  I'll be satisfied if I don't die.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

Sissy LOL. No I would hate that. Anything below 60 and I am unhappy.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2015, 04:02:04 PM
You Yankees may think that I'm a sissy.  I don't care.  Anyone would be suffering with a drop in temperature from 81 to 37 in 24 hrs. time.  And OMG, the wind...25 to 30 from the north.  And I've had a cold since Monday.  I'll be satisfied if I don't die.

Good Heavens !!!.....LOL..........37 deg's is picnic time here... ;D...I'm not sure that we've seen it since December tho....??.....bundle up, hunker down.....1/2 pint of blackberry brandy will keep ya warm...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2015, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2015, 04:02:04 PM

Good Heavens !!!.....LOL..........37 deg's is picnic time here... ;D...I'm not sure that we've seen it since December tho....??.....bundle up, hunker down.....1/2 pint of blackberry brandy will keep ya warm...

Actually, it's 34.  I mis typed.  The wind chill makes it feel like 24.  I imagine that sounds like Spring to you as well so no matter.  It will be 24 tomorrow but not as humid and not as windy.  I think I'll be able to handle that better.

But good lord, it was 81 yesterday.  It was glorious.  It's not so much the cold that hurts.  It's the 47 degree swing that hurts.

b125killer

I'm happy there calling for warmer weather. I don't know about picnic time at 37 degrees but it's definitely grilling weather! ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 05, 2015, 05:14:27 PM
I'm happy there calling for warmer weather. I don't know about picnic time at 37 degrees but it's definitely grilling weather! ;D

YOWSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The sun finally poked out for a bit and the dusk sky is lovely.  It's still way too cold for a fire in the fire pit but at least I don't hate you gentelmen who consider it grilling weather  ::) 

I'm hoping that this will be our last big bad swing from early summer weather to the depths of winter weather.  It's March.  It's March's job to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2015, 06:05:42 PM
The sun finally poked out for a bit and the dusk sky is lovely.  It's still way too cold for a fire in the fire pit but at least I don't hate you gentelmen who consider it grilling weather  ::) 

I'm hoping that this will be our last big bad swing from early summer weather to the depths of winter weather.  It's March.  It's March's job to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb.

I agree whole heartily, bring it on March.......but no quick summer temps...just a nice spring...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I dont' mind sweating.  I can work happily in anything below 100 degrees.  You northerners are sissy boys.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2015, 07:37:09 PM
I dont' mind sweating.  I can work happily in anything below 100 degrees.  You northerners are sissy boys.

LOL.....sure....ok.. ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

56 today - 60 tomorrow.  I did grill steaks last night!!! Had friends over. We ate inside though.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

If Liz can be a sissy in cold temps, we can be sissies in that HOT stuff. It balances out.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 06, 2015, 09:43:45 AM
If Liz can be a sissy in cold temps, we can be sissies in that HOT stuff. It balances out.  ;D

Define HOT......anything over 100 is hot to everybody....100+++ dew points.....blah...upper 80's+ not bad if dew points are liveable, and it cools off at night, but those hot and muggy nights stink...IMHO
Jon