• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 01:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Bluechip Aquaticss.....

Started by Mugwump, February 28, 2015, 09:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....is back.....looks like in JR's back yard too..??  Dayton??

https://www.bluechipaquaticsonline.com/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know what people see in Africans, but that is just me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Africans are my favorite fish. Living in the country with a well and the water coming out of the tap with a ph of over 8 and being like liquid rock, it is perfect for the Africans

LizStreithorst

If I had liquid rock I'd breed Rainbow Fish.  I don't care much for the look of Africans.  Donno why.

wsantia1

I like Africans a lot. It's that rock work that is a PITA for me. My water here is on the soft side so I am not a good candidate for them anymore.

They are very active and their colors pop given the right conditions. My water in Illinois was just right for them.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I had beautiful, all male Africans...Haps and Peacocks.  My husband, like Liz, didn't like them either. He said they look like regular local lake fish except for their color.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

I've kept mbunas for a while several times. I love their behaviors. Mouth brooding relieves the aquarist of the effort of caring for newly hatched fry. I put UG filter plates under the rock so that when they fell over they wouldn't crack the glass. They are a great fish to put in a classroom tank. I used crushed coral for the substrate for our soft water here. Also, placed a cuttlefish bone in the filter for a little more hardness. I used Java ferns tied or glued onto rocks because the fish seem to not feed on them too much. And when people came to see my 100g setup, many non-aquarists thought I had a salt reef tank sitting in front of them! If I can locat a phot of the tank I'll post it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

..me too, sounds like a nice setup...
Jon

Ron Sower

looking in all my files but cant find it yet...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron