• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 01:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 875
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 841
Total: 842

Hi friends

Started by Barb, February 19, 2015, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, I am back after being gone awhile.  We had a good trip for a week, nice warm weather where we were, but now back to winter reality.  It has been sub freezing since we returned last Sat.  Tonight  is to be near zero, an almost unheard of low temp for this area.  The other night we had a bad ice storm, also very rare here, and the ice covered everything for 3 days.  Pretty but hazardous.

This weather has delayed our move, the moving men were to be here tomorrow but I postponed it until Feb 27.  But I have successfully moved all my tanks and fish, all by myself, to our new home.  Took me 4 days.  Now I have a 75 with 12 adult discus, a 56 with 6 angels, a 37 with my big EBJD, a  56 with fancy Endlers and a 22 with other Endlers.  All fish did well in the move.  I gave my 125 plus 6 smaller tanks to our LFS yesterday.  Two men came and took them all away.  Same place I gave my Koi to.  Good thing I like to give away stuff for free.

Anything going on here at Mug's that I need to know about?  I have missed so many posts there is no way to catch up.  Hope you are all well?
Barb

Mugwump

Welcome back....glad it was warm somewhere...LOL

just hit 'unread' posts and glance at anything that looks interesting....

back in a bit....got a meeting....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

PaulineMi

Hey Barb....late response but welcome back. I had a similar "return to reality" episode. Got "stuck" in Florida when my flight back home had weather issues. My choices were reschedule with fees waived or get diverted to Appleton Wisconsin of all places. No brainer!   Enjoyed the three extra days in Florida. 8)  But....it's 13 below zero here in Michigan now.  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Welcome back to the gang, Barb! Glad you got away some! My Sis and son in Richmond Va area have had cold and snow. You're part of that same mess.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Welcome back Barb. I have an upcoming move within the next 30 days (I close march 3rd). I  sure hope this weather breaks soon. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 21, 2015, 06:48:41 AM
Welcome back Barb. I have an upcoming move within the next 30 days (I close march 3rd). I  sure hope this weather breaks soon. :o

+1...........Winter be gone.....please 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Thanks everyone!  My koi pond out back is frozen like it has never been before.  I can't even tell how many inches thick the ice is.  Just 10 little goldfish in there now.  I will be spending this weekend moving countless boxes and small pieces of furniture from one house to the other.  It is 17 outside right now.  Should be about 50 or so.  Stay warm you all.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on February 21, 2015, 07:31:03 AM
Thanks everyone!  My koi pond out back is frozen like it has never been before.  I can't even tell how many inches thick the ice is.  Just 10 little goldfish in there now.  I will be spending this weekend moving countless boxes and small pieces of furniture from one house to the other.  It is 17 outside right now.  Should be about 50 or so.  Stay warm you all.
Barb

Slow and steady, Barb....watch yourself..... ;)
Jon

ilroost

Welcome back Barb, may i ask what moving company you are using?

Barb

North American just because it is close to us.  The only other company here is Allied and they are on the other side of town.  Price is $150 an hr. for 3 men and a truck.  4 hr. minimum, and they say our job should be about 6 hrs.  I am the other moving company, LOL, have been at it for weeks with more weeks to go.
Barb