• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

Wednesday, New Years eve

Started by Mugwump, December 31, 2014, 04:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's pretty dang good this morning.. ;D   woke up too early...blah...It's a lovely 3 Deg's outside right now, guess I won't have to mow today... ???  ???  need more coffee.....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2014, 04:08:14 AM
...coffee's pretty dang good this morning.. ;D   woke up too early...blah...It's a lovely 3 Deg's outside right now, guess I won't have to mow today... ???  ???  need more coffee.....brb

Good morning. 1st cup is working. Coldest morning here so far at 24 degrees but sun will be out pushing it to 34 for the high. Check your email, lol.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 31, 2014, 05:20:51 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2014, 04:08:14 AM

Good morning. 1st cup is working. Coldest morning here so far at 24 degrees but sun will be out pushing it to 34 for the high. Check your email, lol.

I know...........* groan *

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..2nd pot now, coffee's so good this morn'n......MMMmmmmm ;D....I might need a good hot shower to really get going tho.... ;D....*yawn*...excuse me... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Just got back from trading some Wendolov Java Fern for a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus (Moliwe). They are floating now. I love their subtle colors. We're trying to find a suitable species for Lucy's 12g Mr. Aqua bookshelf tank. I hope they work out.

Now back to dealing with the homebuyer from hell who hasn't met a deadline yet. Don't know why I haven't fired him.  I guess it's because I'm the type that wants to be the one to pull the deal together...! I could have more free time if I gave this feller (or sub in another 6-letter word beginning with f and ending in er!) the heave-ho and fired his arse!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 31, 2014, 02:39:01 PM
Just got back from trading some Wendolov Java Fern for a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus (Moliwe). They are floating now. I love their subtle colors. We're trying to find a suitable species for Lucy's 12g Mr. Aqua bookshelf tank. I hope they work out.

Now back to dealing with the homebuyer from hell who hasn't met a deadline yet. Don't know why I haven't fired him.  I guess it's because I'm the type that wants to be the one to pull the deal together...! I could have more free time if I gave this feller (or sub in another 6-letter word beginning with f and ending in er!) the heave-ho and fired his arse!

Sounds like one of those folks that was catered to as a kid.......jerks...
Jon

Mugwump

The afternoon pot is really tasty.... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 31, 2014, 02:39:01 PM
Just got back from trading some Wendolov Java Fern for a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus (Moliwe)......

Saw this in today's Glaser Ad.....

Dennis

Mugwump

..in wild breeding morphs showing up now..???
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 02, 2015, 08:44:29 PM

These guys have been around forever.  There's  Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Bipindi", "Lobe", "Makoure", "Moliwe", "Wouri" just to name a few.  It's always just been assumed that they were all Pelvicachromis taeniatus but with different regional color variations, hence the names from where they were collected.  Glaser is saying one of them Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Wouri" is in fact a different species.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 02, 2015, 09:07:45 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 02, 2015, 08:44:29 PM

These guys have been around forever.  There's  Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Bipindi", "Lobe", "Makoure", "Moliwe", "Wouri" just to name a few.  It's always just been assumed that they were all Pelvicachromis taeniatus but with different regional color variations, hence the names from where they were collected.  Glaser is saying one of them Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Wouri" is in fact a different species.....

Dennis

Ok, thanks for explaining further............but they do cross breed tho?....right?...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 03:47:38 AM
............but they do cross breed tho?....

Most definitely, although crossing them would make them virtually worthless.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 03, 2015, 09:46:19 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 03:47:38 AM
............but they do cross breed tho?....

Most definitely, although crossing them would make them virtually worthless.

Dennis

LOL....better keep em separate on the other end of the room....being jumpers, some studly one would surely hop into the tank next to it.... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

I'd just like my newly acquired Moliwe pair would just come out of the back corner so I could see them once in a while! If they breed it's a plus!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Good luck with them Ron.  They are very cool fish.  Definitely on my list if I ever get back to cichlids.   ;)

Dennis