• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 05:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 56
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Think I broke my baby toe

Started by LizStreithorst, January 09, 2017, 08:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I did it yesterday morning.  I tripped over a dog and caught my toe on the corner of a door.  I thought that I just stubbed it and ignored it.  By bed time it was hurting pretty bad.  I tool a look at it and my poor little toe was all blue and swollen.  I wiggled it from side to side and it kinda made a crunchy sound.  Oh well, it'll hurt for a while and I'll hop around for a while but it will heal on it's own.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

"here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail....hippity hoppity....."

...hope it feels better soon... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

That'll put a crimp in your style. I kicked a phonebook once and broke a toe. I think it ached for a week or so.
Dan

Barb

Sorry Liz.  I did the same thing.  Here is what you do:
It will heal up faster if you splint it.  Just get a roll of the white sports tape that athletes use to protect parts of them during play. Any drug store or Wal, or Target will have it. It is about 2" wide.  Cut a piece about 4-6" long.  Then wrap it around the little toe and splint it to the next toe.  You will have some of it under your foot and the rest wrapped around 2 toes.  In a few weeks or less, the bone will heal up.  I  have done this twice.
Barb

Ron Sower

Ouch, Liz!!! :( Not a good thing to have happen. I hope it heals soon and doesn't give you a lot of pain in the process!

Now....if you can just keep from stubbing it 3-6 times a day...!  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's not all that bad, but you're right Ron.  Once you hurt yourself anywhere, more often than not you hurt the same place at least once.

Barb's idea is a good one since I'll walk around in stocking feet at home and at work.  My shoe-less toe will be a sitting duck.

Mugwump

.....ever hit your ankle bone with the ball when bowling?........the 'owie' becomes a target after that......ouch !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I haven't done that but I've done stuff like that.  Injuries must put up a "more injuries welcome" sign.

I have decided that my toe is not broken after all.  I forget that it hurt at all when I took fish to Ken.  I carried in a standard size fish box and didn't limp.  I did WC and moved a bunch of fish to different tanks and wasn't even aware of it.  It's still blue and red and a little swollen but I can manipulate it with my fingers without getting the feeling that parts are grinding against one another.  I just gave it one hell of a whack.  Strange that it didn't even start to bother me until later in the day.  May be it did and I just ignored it.  I've always been good at dealing with pain huh

Mugwump

Jon