• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:12:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 646
Total: 646

Monday Monday and Cold

Started by Barb, December 19, 2022, 07:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, greetings from frosty white eastern NC.  It is 20 something outside, now at 8am and I know it is even colder elsewhere in the country, way colder.  Hope you are all staying warm wherever you are.  Most of my home windows face south so when it it sunny I get lots of solar heating here.  And the windows are large, so lots of good free heat 

.I have a busy week coming up, lots of events with the clubs and groups I belong to.  I am healthy thank goodness, but my daughter and her husband are quite sick with the flu.  She had the flu shot 7 weeks ago but it didn't help her.  My son in law just got the flu yesterday, from her.  And also hurt his back pretty badly on Sat.  Hope they are all well in 3 weeks when I go visit.  :Postponed from this past weekend.

Liz my baby discus are doing great, all eating well, excellent color and I can't even pick out the 3 that were so compromised after shipment.  Ron, you have some fish now that I don't recognize the names of.  Willie do you have any new fish these days or just concentrating on the ones you have, which I think is many?

You all have a good week and share your plans with the rest of us.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is cold here also. The current temp is 31 degrees but it was in the 20s when I got up. We are going to have some wild weather coming up over the next couple of days.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning for my refills and tomorrow morning I have a follow-up appointment with the back doctor. The last back shot that she gave me is not working that well.

Following the back doctor's appointment I will drive down to DC (90 miles) where I will spend a couple of nights at Vikki's house. I will be back home on Thursday and then on Saturday I will drive up to NYC where I will spend Christmas weekend. Lots of moving around for me.

Barb at the moment I am only maintaining my regular fish which include some old Altums, Plat and Koi Angels, Black, Gold and Dutch Blue Rams, Sterbai Cories, several strands of guppies and L183 Bristlenose plecos.

At the moments I am not breeding anything because I don't have time to raise the fry. I will start up again after the New Year when I will get some down time. The Guppies and Endlers don't count because they breed no matter what I do.

You all have a great day and for those of you in the cooler regions of the country, stay warm. I'm on my way to the doctor now.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  It's not as cold here, but it's not nice out.  It's 40ish but rain is coming in soon and it will rain all day.

Barb, you and Willie are the travelers lately.  Willie, I hope you back doesn't hurt too much with all the driving.  I can drive without pain.  But when I get out of the car and stand up the pain comes back.

I felt a little better yesterday, but not as much better as I'd hoped.  I got a few small things done, but once again, right after WC I had to lie down in bed.  It's embarrassing to go to bed when it's still light outside.  I'm hoping today will be better.  I want to wash my kitchen cabinet doors.  It's not just spills, there's some kind of mold or something growing on them because as what I understand, the painter used the wrong paint.  It's just grey spots but it's still disgusting.  I did the side of the pantry yesterday but I wasn't able to do more than that.  I'd give anything to be able to get new kitchen cabinets.  I know that white is what's in, but I prefer wood.

Another embarrassing thing is that I'm even more hideous when I smile.  I know better than to do it, but back when I didn't have my pain meds, my partial denture was annoying me while I was trying to sleep.  I finally found a position where my back didn't hurt and knew that I should have rolled over and put the denture in the end table's drawer.  But rolling over would have hurt so much that I didn't.  I knew that I shouldn't, but I took the denture out and put it on the end table that doesn't have a drawer.  I thought that I'd get by with it just this once.  l didn't.  When I went looking for my teeth the next morning I found the denture in one of my dog beds.  Which ever dog was the culprit (I think it was stubby) it did a great job of removing the part what were the teeth.  Oh well. My friends will just have to deal with it and I'll mask up when I go out.

My fish are all doing well.  I had another spawn of black rams yesterday, but I have so many already that I didn't put the eggs in RO so they fungused and the parents ate them.  I keep hoping for a good Discus spawn.  My 2 younger pairs did spawn.  In one case the female laid that the stupid male came right behind her and ate the eggs.  In the other case, the male did make runs but I don't think he is fertile yet.  I can't tell by the look of the eggs but I'll know for sure tomorrow because they should start to wiggle.

Ron, I've never heard of some of your fish, either.
Barb, I keep waiting for the video you promised me.  If it doesn't show up soon, I'll ask Pat how it's done and tell you.  I love seeing pictures of my kids.  2 of my buyers from Simply posted pics.  I was very pleased with quality of my fish with their new owners.  I they were so young when I sold them it was it was impossible see anything but deformities.  I really want to see if I'm as impressed with your babies as I was with the one of the people on Simply.

I'll pop back in later so see if Ron or you two have something more to say.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

A nice day here...reached 59 and clear skies...

I picked and packed a few orders that I'll take to the PO tomorrow morning with our Xmas cards...

I did the tank maintenance at the lady's office today and got a Christmas tip again...went right around the corner on my way home from there and bought some sand substrate with it!...when I got home we addressed Xmas cards...

Not much exciting today...sleep well easterners!... ;D see you here tomorrow!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron