• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 503
Total: 504

Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, December 17, 2022, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning...We were shot by the time our party was over last night!...I sat down twice during the day to rest my leg...went to doctor get bandage changed and check on redness, finished the cart, did a little more outside decorating...picked and delivered 11 orders to the PO, helped with making 3 crock pots of hot chocolate, went out to lunch (one of my times sitting down :D ), cleanup the place, etc...

Today is: Morning - clean up kitchen and putz with my fish; Afternoon - play cards with our friends, Ron and Charlotte; Tonight - clubhouse for dinner and dance...Hmmmm, I thought I was going to rest today! :P

It's 41 outside right now and supposed to get to 60...no clouds so far...

Several weeks ago I picked up a group of young Paraphanius mento - Kenton from a friend...he'd kept them out side all summer...the males are now starting to get sparkly color...I should probably plan them in a larger tank now...all I gotta do is figure which one...!

We had 26 ppl show up last night for our gathering...many were curious to see my fishroom...Lucy seemed to enjoy taking them in and showing them around the tanks...I think it's pretty cool that she likes to do that...

Oops...just had a call from Ron and he's sick and we won't be playing cards today...maybe I will get some rest!!!  More fishroom time, too!!!

So how are you guys spending your day?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Another angle...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, your golf cart is a masterpiece of all thigs gaudy. I hope you win.  Also I can only dream of being busy, like you.  But if I had the energy I'd just bust my butt outside trying to make a garden out of my mess.  You're very lucky.

I was out of commission yesterday.  Humana took their own sweet time processing and getting around to sending my Tramadol.  According to Humana it would arrive Wednesday.  I knew it would be tough.  I rested a lot yesterday but manage all my chores and right after water change I had to hit the sack.  I hurt in bed, but I slept through it.  But all those hours in bed, when I got up at 6 to let the poor dogs out, I felt better. I still knew not to try to do anything that involved much standing.

I checked the male when I scooted out to see Charlotte and there were my Meds!  I couldn't believe it!  I was out long enough to find out what life would be like without them, but not so long that I suffered withdrawal.  What a relief.  I feel better already and I'll be back to normal by morning and I'll be able to get something done.  It'll be great.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good an  d fun golf cart Ron!  Is that you as Santa sitting on it?  What a fun day you had.  Liz, really glad you got your neds, hope you have been able to get some things done today?  Here it was supposed to be sunny all day, wrong, they got it all wrong.Cold, dark and gloomy. I am trying to keep busy but it isn't a very good day.  Tomorrow I am going to visit a good friend in another city, so will be away most of the day.  And I do love driving.  Next week will be busy here, events every day with groups I belong to.  And Tues.  is a small party here for a few neighborhood friends at 6pm. Wish you all could come to it.
Barb

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. Liz I am glad that you got your meds. I still get mine from the local pharmacy which is right up the street.

Ron, like everyone else I really like your cart. Great job by you and Lucy.

Barb, my weather is pretty much like yours. Cold, cloudy and gloomy. Be careful on your drive tomorrow  and make sure you have some fun.

I did a partial rebuild on my Alita-60. It is much quieter than it was before but even better it was more powerful and quieter than the new one that I bought and returned.

I only did a partial rebuild because while I was inside the pump I saw a part that was going to fail soon. I ordered that part for 13 bucks and I will replace it when it gets here.

That's it for me everyone. I'll check in early tomorrow because it's going to be a very busy day for me and I may forget to check in later. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Howdy folks, great job on the golf cart Ron.  Looks like it is going to be a fun event!

Great to hear you'll soon be back up to speed Liz.  It's awful to be in pain, never had back issues, but at one time I had knee problems.

Was a chilly day here in Ohio with snow flurries on and off.   |brr|  Forecast say next Saturday it will be 4° with a high of 8°.  Doesn't look like I'll be riding anytime soon, so I cleaned the garage up in order to start doing some bike repairs and maintenance.  I still find it quite enjoyable to work on the bikes, the other vehicles, not so much.

Ron Sower

Hello again!...

Just returned from our dinner/dance...this was when they announced the winners...we did get first place!.. Several people had told us that if we Didn't win, it was rigged! ;D ;D ;D...I give Lucy all the credit for the design and creativity...

Santa Claus was Frank Bebe, our neighbor across the street...he's the friend with all the turtles in his turtle room!...we joke with each other all the time...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.