• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 06:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 174
Total: 175

Thursday and I am back

Started by Barb, December 15, 2022, 07:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Mug friends.  Got home yesterday late afternoon, just in time to get out of the freezing mixture to come, up where I was visiting.  Here in NC just a bit of rain but temps in the 40's overnight and today. 
Liz I am glad you didn't blow away!  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  Hope you have a good day today.  Is all the bad weather gone?   
Willie I saw that your area was to get what hit the DC/Balto. area after I got out of there.  Drove 350 mi. yesterday but it wasn't bad at all.  No heavy traffic around DC like usual, and I enjoyed my trip down I 95.  Plenty of good things to listen to on Sirrius XM radio, and plenty of places for quick stops along the way.  I had a great sub sandwich at a big truck stop for lunch, in northern VA.

Ron your flamingo and santa design is cute, show us a pic of the conpleted golf cart when you can.  You all have a good day, especially you Liz!
Barb

Barb

Liz, my discus babies did just fine with one meal a day for the 4 days I was gone.  And my cats are great, just did extra sleeping while I was gone and I had their auto food and water set up for them.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Liz, Happy Birthday 🎂 to you.. Luckily for me I am just south of the snow zone so I am just getting rain. Our current temp is 36 degrees and we will get up to 48F this afternoon. The rain will stay with us until tomorrow evening but at least we will stay above freezing during that time so we will not see any snow with this storm.

I am getting ready to go get my haircut. I go to a lady that is 17 miles away and the fastest way for me to get there takes me through a heavily wooded area. I will look for an alternate way to get there because I'd rather be safe in this crazy weather.

Wishing you all a great day. Liz that goes double for you.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

BallAquatics

Happy Thursday folks, and Happy Birthday Liz!

It's in the mid 40's here, but overcast and rather dreary.  Been running some record albums through the ultrasonic cleaner and then giving them a ride on the turntable.  Quite a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Might gear up and ride to the Post Office to retrieve the mail in a bit.  Just a sprinkle of rain at the moment, but it's supposed to be gone shortly.

Hope everyone has a lovely afternoon.

LizStreithorst

How lovely.  Birthday wishes from everyone, not just our usual suspects.  Barb, I loved the card with the dog and pussy cats.  And yes, all the bad weather is long gone.  It was down in the low 40s this morning but I still left the door open for the dogs and cat.  Xena spent the night on the bed which was nice.  But it was warm dogs snuggled under the blanket next to me and the electric blanket that kept me toasty warm until I got up and turned on the heat.

Thanks Willie.  I'm glad your just getting rain.  I love a nice drive through the woods, but not so much in driving rain.  Stay safe.

A special thanks to Greg and Dennis who rarely say a word but showed up today to wish me a happy birthday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi to all!...

And not to be outdone...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ!!!...I hope it was a good day for you...

I'm happy to see all of you have survived the weather!... it's still daytime 50s here...cool but tolerable...we worked a bit more on the cart...got the sleigh affixed to the top...also, I got most of the outside lights up...we have a giant list of things to do tomorrow before the parade and our gathering after...what gets done, gets done ...what doesn't, dosent...! :D. Looks like close to 45 will show up for the gathering...gotta get more schnapps tomorrow!!,...

You folks have a wonderful day tomorrow...I'll try to drop in if time permits...happy aquariuming...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Cute golf cart Ron and Lucy!  I envy that clear blue sky with sun and heat!  It is gray. cold and gloomy here today.  Have fun in the parade, or hope you did.
Barb