• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 622
Total: 622

Saturday's cup...

Started by Mugwump, October 01, 2016, 04:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have a dang bale of peat that I bought years ago for the fish.  They liked it a lot but I got lazy.  I've used old oak leaves which they also liked, but it made a mess on the bottom of the tank and made vacuuming the bottom almost impossible.  I've got the stupid tea that I have no faith in but I'll try it for a month or two.  When it doesn't work magic I'll try peat.  When that doesn't work I'll see if I can't find an expert fish vet at Shedd Aquarium who can either help me or suggest someone who can.  It has been suggested that I talk to Miranda  but I am extremely reluctant to ask in importer for help.  I have my own theory but I very much don't want it to be right.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 01, 2016, 08:06:41 PM
It was Pat who suggested to me.  I looked it up.  The Betta breeders swear by it.  What makes it different from peat is that it does not lower pH.  I don't know why that would make it better than peat.  what's wrong with a lower pH?  But I'm giving it a try because it can't hurt and the fish do like the brown water huh

Pat & Mike Troxell recommended it to me for my Altums. I like it and the fish seem to to like it. I have to refresh my filter media bag though. It's been clear for a while now. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 01, 2016, 06:53:09 PM
Sounds like great fun.  Did you not take pics of Kobe that you can post for us to see?

Someone I know was taking pictures. I'll post them when they send them to me later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.