• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 586
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

Saturday's cup...

Started by Mugwump, July 23, 2016, 06:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..what a really good cup of coffee...MMMmmmmm...

I guess the heat/humidity will hang around til midweek before we see any relief?......oh well...we'll just ride it out... huh wfwf huh

..more putz'n in the fish room this morning...then taking the day as it comes...yup...

...remember to change your furnace filter folks...it makes a world of difference with these heat waves.... |^|...I even lightly hosed off the outside unit coils, they can load up with junk quickly too...do it easy so you don't mush the fins....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Well after yesterdays rain it's like a rain forest here.  Humidity is just hanging in the air as an eerie fog.  Currently 69?F the high forecast to be 93?F this afternoon.

Thanks for the filter reminder, they are over due.  No coils with the geo-thermal unit though.  LOL

Dennis

wsantia1

Coffee is great. Today the heat and humidity finally move in. Temps projected to get to 98 degrees with dew point in the mid 70s. Nice & cool in here. I have temps set to 74.

Got off track yesterday and didn't do my water changes, though I did squeeze out some sponges. Today seems like the ideal time though. Nothing like playing in water during a heat wave.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 06:33:51 AM
Coffee is great. Today the heat and humidity finally move in. Temps projected to get to 98 degrees with dew point in the mid 70s. Nice & cool in here. I have temps set to 74.

Got off track yesterday and didn't do my water changes, though I did squeeze out some sponges. Today seems like the ideal time though. Nothing like playing in water during a heat wave.

...yeppers.... ;D  ......... I may have to mow the lawn early one morn'n tho....before the real heat sets in again...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 06:40:25 AM
......... I may have to mow the lawn early one morn'n tho....before the real heat sets in again...

Same here.  The grass was holding steady, but with the recent rain it will be back in 'grow mode'.  LOL

Last time around, I left the mower, trailer, and weed eater all out at Mom's.  I could have really used the weed eater the other day for some clean-up...

Gas is down below $2, be a good time to fill everything up while in transit.   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

....you're lucky...our gas prices are popping up/down still....now $2.13.....down from $2.39-$2.43...yada yada.....Ill. taxes to high on gas...
Jon

Mugwump

Pot #2.....tasting very good............... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 07:16:32 AM
....you're lucky...our gas prices are popping up/down still....now $2.13.....down from $2.39-$2.43...yada yada.....Ill. taxes to high on gas...

I got gas for 1.98 yesterday. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Another day...will get my coffee soon....

More yard selling today...low 70s... partially cloudy...no rain forecasted...woohoo~!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Just got up from a power nap. It's 97 degrees now with the dew point at 72. Feels like 105. Eating a freeze pop.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

..dew pt 79deg's...heat index 103deg's.....you can swim in the air.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 03:05:56 PM
..dew pt 79deg's...heat index 103deg's.....you can swim in the air.... huh

well this is no surprise.... huh

Severe Thunderstorm Watch 412 remains in effect until 1000 PM CDT

IL
.    Illinois counties included are

Boone                Bureau              Carroll             
Cook                 De Kalb             dupage             
Grundy               Henry               Jo Daviess         
Kane                 Kendall             Lake               
La Salle             Lee                 McHenry             
Ogle                 Putnam              Rock Island         
Stephenson           Whiteside           will               
Winnebago           
Jon

wsantia1

The boomers are going off in the distance. huh
Willie

wallace

We had a wildfire near the house. My wife asked me if we should start loading up pictures, pets & etc. The wind was blowing in a favorable direction so we just watched. We are the only house in the area so I'm sure we would have had good structure protection from Calfire if the wind had shifted. The fire is out now.

Dan