• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 608
Total: 608

Saturday's fine coffee....

Started by Mugwump, October 31, 2015, 05:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is great this morn'n.....MMmmm...low 40's and raining outside....it'll be a cool and wet Halloween for all the kids....

Speaking of Halloween....I remember how hot those plastic costumes were....cold outside, a sauna inside that costume....it's a wonder that we all didn't catch pneumonia...... huh.....and the costumes all had a distinct smell to them.....LOL.....

Cinnamon taffy apples.....MMMmmm....good popcorn balls....MMMmmm 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2.....MMmmmm....coffee is so good this morn'n.....MMMMmmmmmm   might try a little French vanilla creamer??   it tastes good once in a while..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is very good. I drink my coffee straight. No cream or sugar. Cold out here with temps in the mid 30s right now. huh Next week we will have temps in the 70s for a few days. ;D

Taking the short trip down to DC today. I am going to the Wizards - Knicks game tonight. Haven't been to a Knicks game for a while. It should be fun even if they lose. lol w!w
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I normally don't add much to mine either, but It's a change....French vanilla is the only one that I ever use...and rarely..then it's back to a splash of milk...??
half a tsp of sugar for the first few cups to get the juices flowing....then just refill black.....

Have fun at the game.....last game I was at was a Bulls game....think MJ....LOL....it's been a while ..yup
Jon

Rjb3

I remember one Halloween in particular growing up. Our neighbor's Mom drove us around in their station wagon. She'd drop us off at one end of the block and pick us up on the other. We kept our treats in grocery bags in the car so our bags didn't look full as we were out and about. I ended up with four of the paper grocery bags full. What a haul.

There are a line of dead and streets where I live. The Moms could wait on the main street while the kids go down one side of the street and up the other. Then, they could go one block to the next one. Yet nobody does it. We didn't get anybody last year. Sadly, it's a different world out there now.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 31, 2015, 07:12:09 AM
I remember one Halloween in particular growing up. Our neighbor's Mom drove us around in their station wagon. She'd drop us off at one end of the block and pick us up on the other. We kept our treats in grocery bags in the car so our bags didn't look full as we were out and about. I ended up with four of the paper grocery bags full. What a haul.

There are a line of dead and streets where I live. The Moms could wait on the main street while the kids go down one side of the street and up the other. Then, they could go one block to the next one. Yet nobody does it. We didn't get anybody last year. Sadly, it's a different world out there now.

The kid traffic around here varies from year to year....but never heavy...I think the most that we've seen is still under 20 kids...??

I remember those hauls too, Bob.....back in the day when the 'trick' in Halloween was still used.....anyone care to mention one of your tricks....LOL

Jon

ilroost

Coffee is great this morning!! I have a weekend off for a change.
Living out in the middle of nowhere, we never get any trick or treaters. I always buy candy that I like cause I end up eating it anyways.

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 31, 2015, 09:28:03 AM
Coffee is great this morning!! I have a weekend off for a change.
Living out in the middle of nowhere, we never get any trick or treaters. I always buy candy that I like cause I end up eating it anyways.

Even when we lived out on the farmette, the boys would bring the grandkids around to grab candy.... |^|...
Jon

Barb

My 91 yr. old mom is coming over to pass out treats here.  She asked to do it.  I buy the Halloween bags of microwave popcorn and the kids always love it.  So I do it every year.  And we eat the leftovers.  I carved a big pumpkin too and have some decorations on the new porch.  Our first year in the new neighborhood so I don't know how many to expect.  Will report tomorrow. Happy Halloween y'all.
Barb 

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 31, 2015, 02:43:00 PM
My 91 yr. old mom is coming over to pass out treats here.  She asked to do it.  I buy the Halloween bags of microwave popcorn and the kids always love it.  So I do it every year.  And we eat the leftovers.  I carved a big pumpkin too and have some decorations on the new porch.  Our first year in the new neighborhood so I don't know how many to expect.  Will report tomorrow. Happy Halloween y'all.
Barb

Sounds like Mom has the right idea  |^|...love it  |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

LOL.....good find, Dennis......LOL
Jon