• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 622
Total: 622

Saturday's fine coffee....

Started by Mugwump, September 12, 2015, 05:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...MMMMmmmm..and what a good cup it is, too......pretty cool day today...mid 60's.....splendid weather  |^|..48deg's out there right now, windows open and nice fresh cool air.....

I'll partially load the swap things in the Tahoe this morning, then all's that's left for tomorrow morn'n is fish and water... ;D

then it'll be a putz day.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Great cups of coffee today. Sunny and very nice out right now but rain is on the way and it will probably be with us through tomorrow. The electrician will be here today working on my additional lines so that will occupy most of my day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Yup...Coffee's great! Especially with a small slice of Turtle Cheesecake along with it for breakfast! I never attach a specific mealtime with any specific food group.

Went to the Fair yesterday. Was eager to see how that would go after the chiropractic adjustments on Wed. I  did better than most days of just standing and shuffling along in the crowd..hate that! ...But the lower right ''hotspot'' began hurting again, but not really any major shooting pain down my leg. Later in the afternoon I went for my next scheduled chiro appt and left feeling like I'd been hit by a Seahawk linebacker. Somewhat better this morning.

We have a community breakfast at the clubhouse at 10 this morning. There'll be some good vittles there. And then at 1pm I'll visit a client friend and take several offers for his Mom's home to him to select from. That's always a good thing, but when they ask me which one to take, I have to really drill down further into their true objectives for selling to be able to help them determine which price AND TERMS are right for them.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 12, 2015, 07:49:15 AM
Great cups of coffee today. Sunny and very nice out right now but rain is on the way and it will probably be with us through tomorrow. The electrician will be here today working on my additional lines so that will occupy most of my day.

Great job done by the electrician today. He installed a sub-panel in the basement (the main panel is in the garage ???) and added 5 circuits with GFCI outlets. A little overkill for what I need but he gave them to me at a price that couldn't be beat. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 12, 2015, 06:17:53 PM

Great job done by the electrician today. He installed a sub-panel in the basement 9the main panel is in the garage ???) and added 5 circuits with GFCI outlets. A little overkill for what I need but he gave them to me at a price that couldn't be beat. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Now you're all set for more tanks.... |^|....can't waste those breakers ya know... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Excellent.  There's no such thing as too much electricity.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 12, 2015, 06:30:47 PM

Great job done by the electrician today. He installed a sub-panel in the basement 9the main panel is in the garage ???) and added 5 circuits with GFCI outlets. A little overkill for what I need but he gave them to me at a price that couldn't be beat. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Now you're all set for more tanks.... |^|....can't waste those breakers ya know... ;D

I will eventually. I have to get things stabilized with the humidity down there. Ever since I set up the latest 55g last week the dehumidifier has been running non stop. ??? I find it hard to believe that the 55g is the cause of that. More investigation needed. ::)
Willie

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 12, 2015, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 12, 2015, 06:30:47 PM

I will eventually. I have to get things stabilized with the humidity down there. Ever since I set up the latest 55g last week the dehumidifier has been running non stop. ??? I find it hard to believe that the 55g is the cause of that. More investigation needed. ::)

Real good glass tops eliminate tons of moisture...and reduce heater run time too....Ed had a 16" wide 'U' channel running on the ceiling that ran from one window across the basement to another window. He made cutouts every 3'-4' and added a vent grid....with a good small pushing fan and another drawing out it created a cheap exhaust that worked like a dream.... I'm still try'n to figure out how to do it efficiently here using his design...he only had his fans on low, you couldn't even hear them run...but the easy draw was constant.....I believe he had the fans on timers, the windows had dampers similar to drier vents....

Aron had a rig that vented only...it pulled from through the house out through the fish room window.....it kept his humidity way down too...and only used the fish room window...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 12, 2015, 06:33:14 PM
Tell that to someone hit by lightning. huh
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 12, 2015, 07:42:08 PM

+1

Dennis

I love it. I have plenty of places to plug into now. The guy charged me 200 bucks to install 275 bucks worth of wiring, outlets and the sub panel. It took him about 6 hours including shopping for the material. I thought it was a bargain. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

BallAquatics

Sounds like a great deal to me too!  Enjoy!   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 13, 2015, 09:14:49 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on September 12, 2015, 07:42:08 PM

+1

Dennis

I love it. I have plenty of places to plug into now. The guy charged me 200 bucks to install 275 bucks worth of wiring, outlets and the sub panel. It took him about 6 hours including shopping for the material. I thought it was a bargain. |^| |^| |^|

Does your electrician have fish yet?..... ;D
Jon