• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 633
Total: 633

Saturday's coffee...MMMmmm...snow'n out

Started by Mugwump, January 03, 2015, 03:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....been up for a bit..just woke up, got up..???....chilly and snowing, no real winds yet, the familiar sounds of plows running the streets is heard...throwing down the salt big time, tho watching the sparse traffic at this time of day, it doesn't look to slick yet....and/or the idiots are out..???..LOL

..coffee is so good, MMmmm ...2nd pot here soon  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Oh peachie....

Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows 4 to 8 below.
sunny    
Wednesday and Wednesday Night
Mostly clear. Highs 3 below to 1 above zero. Lows 10 to 14 below.
partly cloudy    
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Snow and 1/4" of freezing rain is predicted for this morning.  It'll be a good day for staying indoors, reading and, of course, finding things to do in the fish room. I finally redeemed my Angelfish USA gift certificate. Getting things ready for a Dantum QT tank is on the agenda.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

...are you foreseeing just a separate Dantum tank set up??
Jon

Mugwump

...oh, and I just can't describe how really good the coffee is this morn'n.....BOOMBA !...fantastic ??... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 04:43:27 AM

I have a 90 gallon that has a black glass background with five Dantums in it. I love the black and white look. I decided to add four more for an all albino Dantum tank when I won the gift certificate in October.  And incidentally...... all Dantums were acquired via winning gift certificates generously donated by David.   :)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

wsantia1

Wintry mix predicted this morning, turning to rain later today. Tomorrow's high is expected to be 64 degrees. ??? Then the POLAR VORTEX moves in for the rest of the week. :o No snow projected tho, but who knows.

The weather folks here are never right. Most folks just look out the window for precip and send the dog out to see how cold it really is. ::)

Oh, first pot is brewing now.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 03, 2015, 05:06:39 AM

I have a 90 gallon that has a black glass background with five Dantums in it. I love the black and white look. I decided to add four more for an all albino Dantum tank when I won the gift certificate in October.  And incidentally...... all Dantums were acquired via winning gift certificates generously donated by David.   :)

Excellent.....I once had a 30 mirror back with black diamond gravel, planted...with nothing but jumbo neons.....it was mesmerizing to watch them shoal peacefully around the tank.... ;D

Your with the black/white/green should be stunning....adding wood too??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 03, 2015, 05:06:39 AM

Great for you Pauline. ;D Keep taking those great pictures. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 03, 2015, 05:12:22 AM
Wintry mix predicted this morning, turning to rain later today. Tomorrow's high is expected to be 64 degrees. ??? Then the POLAR VORTEX moves in for the rest of the week. :o No snow projected tho, but who knows.

The weather folks here are never right. Most folks just look out the window for precip and send the dog out to see how cold it really is. ::)

We know it's cold here when Abby/Heidi throw on the brakes at the back door, and don't even want to go out......LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 05:15:13 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 03, 2015, 05:12:22 AM

We know it's cold here when Abby/Heidi throw on the brakes at the back door, and don't even want to go out......LOL

Funny but  just heard the weatherman say "If you don't like the forecast now, check back in a few minutes and it will surely change". ???  ::)
Willie

PaulineMi

Lol....the dogs stopping at the door.  We are relaxing with a cup of coffee, dog is demanding to go out (usually again), we get up, open the door and boom, dog says "never mind". 

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 03, 2015, 05:22:43 AM
Lol....the dogs stopping at the door.  We are relaxing with a cup of coffee, dog is demanding to go out (usually again), we get up, open the door and boom, dog says "never mind".

LOL....exactly... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  then they look at you with the look of "what?"....LOL
Jon

Mugwump

Definitely need more coffee... ???.....just opened the 'bottom' of the Wheaties box...sheesh...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 06:05:19 AM
Definitely need more coffee... ???.....just opened the 'bottom' of the Wheaties box...sheesh...
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron