• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 676
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 675
Total: 675

Thursday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, June 02, 2016, 05:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is very good...MMMmmm.....a cooler morn'n in the 50's, headed to a high in the mid/upper 70's....it should be a nice pleasant day here....great!!....inside and outside things to do today.... ;D....

....and figuring out the best way to mount the new antenna.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2016, 05:53:47 AM

Get that baby installed, I want to hear how it does for you.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 02, 2016, 06:48:04 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2016, 05:53:47 AM

Get that baby installed, I want to hear how it does for you.....

Dennis

..it fits on a 1" pole and the satellite arm that I'll be using is larger than that....I just need to figure out an adapter for it.....maybe PVC..?

I'm not removing the old dish. I have another arm that I'll use....it has a DTV HD antenna bar on it that's a piece of junk....pull it off and I'll use that RG-6 that's already run inside....  ;D |^| ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...busy day.....first climbing up on the roof and getting the dish arm adapted for the antenna mount...then going up and mounting the rig....got everything hooked up, then done to the basement to trace the wire and hook that in....then back up and hooking into the power rotor unit....tv's connected...then reset tv's to 'air'...and started a channel search.....ping X BOOMBA.....LOL........checked out some stations....then back up to double check my mount and dress the wire down nice..........looks good....didn't take that long either.....

..I ended up grabbing 1" X 36" piece of PVC.....then drilled a couple holes in the mount arm.....slid the PVC in and then tightened it down good with some screws....it's nice and secure... |^|    a perfect mount.. ;D |^| ;D......the 1" fit nice and snug in the antenna underside pole fixture that has two nice tightening screws....it should handle some good winds well... |^|

Jon