• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 608
Total: 610

Nice day

Started by LizStreithorst, June 01, 2016, 08:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I didn't accomplish any of my goals but I had a lovely day.  I drove to FedEx to pick up a package just to discover it wasn't there ::)  I have to go to another FedEx location tomorrow >:(

Then I stopped by to visit the veterinarians I used to work with.  It's always great seeing them.  They have 3 other vets working for them now but today both the wife, Karen and the husband Lowell  both the owners were there.  I had a great chat with both of them.

Then I drove on to the slaughter house hoping to buy 2 beef tongues and 2 beef kidneys.  The owner said that the guy he killed for this week wanted all that stuff but that he kills on Tuesdays and I should come back next Wed. afternoon and he was sure that he'd have it.

Oh, and a cool thing this morning...I was on my way to work and I stopped an my little local place for gas.  He said that it was a beautiful day but it was going to be hot and he has a landscape business.  I told him what is wasn't fun driving around in Charlotte with no A/C but that she's so old that I can't get one for her.  After he paid and I was pumping gas he came over and complimented her which I'm sure made her day.  (she adores compliments to the point it embarrasses me.  I bet she's have humped his leg had she be able.)  He thinks he can find her a compressor at a junk yard.  I have my doubts, but he said he has 4 old trucks that he uses in his business and knows good junk yard people who test and guarantee their parts.  He said that he would try.  He seemed quite serious about it.  I gave him my cell number.  We shall see.  It would be a blessing not to have to drive to TN in July without AC.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

We need to make plans for your visit to Chicago.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on June 01, 2016, 08:29:51 PM
We need to make plans for your visit to Chicago.

+1...yeppers  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

LMK the day and time. Sunday is best for us.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on June 01, 2016, 08:34:32 PM
LMK the day and time. Sunday is best for us.

...that would the last day for NADA..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We can do lunch on the last day. I don't think we're attending the convention. Just want to meet Liz and eat lunch.

LizStreithorst

I'll be there from Thursday to after the wards ceremony.  I don't know what time Thursday I'll be getting there.  It's 6 some hrs. from Dottie's house to Chicago.  We'll have fun.  I have friends there that I can play with and would like to introduce to you.  And then there's the fish...I'm always on the prowl to buy a good fish at NADA.  This time I'm looking for a top quality spotted blue scorpion female.  Hope I find one.

Sunday will be OK but one of the other days would be better.  I really don't care ans long as I get so see my friends who I have never met.  That way y'all will be real friends, not imaginary friends ;)

Rjb3

Sunday is not etched in stone. Pick a day, and we'll be there.

Mugwump

..let's not forget that that others will be traveling in also.....Barb and Willie, and Liz's travel companion, etc....plus other local folks...Greg, Steve, Johnnie, Owl?, etal.....
Jon

ilroost

I might even be able to get up there

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 03, 2016, 05:06:49 PM
I might even be able to get up there

..Great !!!!!!!!!!...it'd be good to see ya again... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

ilroost

When are you talking about? I have some vacation time left to use

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 03, 2016, 07:52:38 PM
When are you talking about? I have some vacation time left to use

...July 7th thru the 10th...
Jon