• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 628
Total: 628

Tuesday coffee..

Started by Mugwump, May 31, 2016, 06:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee is very good..... very, very good....MMmmm   it'll be a hot, and stormy, day here for us....so we'll just putz a bit in the fish room, read a bit, nap??

I thinking of re-doing a rack/tanks so we can set up the guppies in a central location....it'd be nice to see and work on them in a dedicated space...but where....LOL...stay tuned folks....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee is good as always. And, as a special bonus . . . . .  It's retirement day for me again. A year ago I retired from the Sheriff's Office to work at a friends gun shop. Thirty six hours a week quickly became fifty hours a week and then, finally, back down to forty two. Tomorrow, it will be zero. Not sure if I'm going to continue the sprint car racing either. It's all volunteer work that ties up my Wednesday evenings and all day Saturday. I didn't realize the tire guy starts at 9AM and we don't get out of the track until midnight. That's past my bedtime. LOL  Pit passes are $30 per week. I'm re-thinking that. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to complete retirement this time.

wsantia1

Coffee is great today, but it's great everyday. I will be doing my water changes despite the fact that it's going to be a great weather day even though it will be a little humid. 8) 8) 8)

If I get started early and don't run into any problems I will be out in that great weather in no time. |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 31, 2016, 07:14:14 AM
Coffee is good as always. And, as a special bonus . . . . .  It's retirement day for me again. A year ago I retired from the Sheriff's Office to work at a friends gun shop. Thirty six hours a week quickly became fifty hours a week and then, finally, back down to forty two. Tomorrow, it will be zero. Not sure if I'm going to continue the sprint car racing either. It's all volunteer work that ties up my Wednesday evenings and all day Saturday. I didn't realize the tire guy starts at 9AM and we don't get out of the track until midnight. That's past my bedtime. LOL  Pit passes are $30 per week. I'm re-thinking that. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to complete retirement this time.

++1......good for you... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Well, I guess there must be some hard feelings about my retirement. I got to work on my last day and I was locked out of the gun safes. The money for the cash register was locked in one where it's always been kept. Soooo, I couldn't open the shop. I locked up and headed to my car and realized I forgot my hat. I went back in, grabbed my hat, and went to my car. That's when I saw the owner's wife pull in. I told her the safe combinations had been changed. She said her husband changed one of them on Saturday but she was unaware of the other one and had no idea what the new combinations were. I said "Well, I might as well go home". She said "No, we have to touch base on unfinished projects". It took two minutes to brief her on the parts I ordered and parts that came in that she wouldn't have known about. All day I said I might as well go home. But we sat there until three when she closed up and went to pick their children from school. Is it me, or is that odd? Oh, she couldn't pay me my last check because. . . . . you guessed it, the checkbook was locked in one of the safes. LOL

Boy, ya think ya know somebody.

Mugwump

Well things will get a whole lot better now................enjoy !  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

That's a shame my captain.  I'm sure it hurt your feelings.  Blow it off.  You're gone from there now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...ended up raining here most the day......barely got the strawberries picked/eaten before the storms started rumbling through here...now I need to mow again... |^| ;D |^|
Jon

Rjb3

Thanks Liz. I shrugged it off, but Gale was upset and deeply hurt. I told her it had nothing to do with her. She's still upset.

The good thing is I'm really retired now.