• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 04:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 629
Total: 629

just Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, May 28, 2016, 05:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..and the coffee's very good... ;D    muggy out, and rain still in the area...nothing really planned, so we'll just see how the day unfolds... |^|

....I think I'll look for something to grill outside later today....chicken or maybe a steak...???...been making sun tea lately and forgot how good it tasted...good and strong, and not too sweet....MMMmmm....refreshing
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. The coffee is very good once again. I have already been out and about. It's going to be another hot day but the humidity has been kept in check.  mim mim mim

I don't know about the rest of the weekend because there is a tropical depression in the Atlantic ocean. The water is too cold for it to turn into something major but we may get a bit of rain from it. All of the rain from the Chicagoland area is headed north of us.  |^| |^| |^|

Chillin out today. No house cleaning needed and only minor fishroom putzing necessary. Maybe I will move some fish around and clean some glass lids? huh Turkey breast on the grill?

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 28, 2016, 06:47:05 AM
Good morning. The coffee is very good once again. I have already been out and about. It's going to be another hot day but the humidity has been kept in check.  mim mim mim

I don't know about the rest of the weekend because there is a tropical depression in the Atlantic ocean. The water is too cold for it to turn into something major but we may get a bit of rain from it. All of the rain from the Chicagoland area is headed north of us.  |^| |^| |^|

Chillin out today. No house cleaning needed and only minor fishroom putzing necessary. Maybe I will move some fish around and clean some glass lids? huh Turkey breast on the grill?

....we have one in the freezer...great idea, but I wonder if it would thaw in time??....how do you season yours for the grill ?....anything special ?
Jon

Mugwump

...found this...

Rosemary Grilled Turkey Breast

5 springs of rosemary, chopped

5 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 (4 1/2 lb.) Plainville Farms bone-in turkey breast

salt and pepper to taste

Combine rosemary, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub all over turkey breast, then season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Place a heatproof drip pan beneath your grill grate, then preheat to medium. Pour about 1/4 inch of water into the drip pan, then place turkey on the grill skin-side facing up and cook over indirect heat, covered, at about (375-400?F) for 30 minutes. Check to make sure there is still water in the pan and add more if necessary. Also, check that the grill temperature has remained constant and adjust accordingly. Continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, then check temperature of the turkey. When turkey reads 175?F on a meat thermometer it is cooked through. Transfer to cutting board to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve with pan gravy. Serves 6.
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 28, 2016, 07:04:44 AM
...found this...

Rosemary Grilled Turkey Breast

5 springs of rosemary, chopped

5 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 (4 1/2 lb.) Plainville Farms bone-in turkey breast

salt and pepper to taste

Combine rosemary, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub all over turkey breast, then season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Place a heatproof drip pan beneath your grill grate, then preheat to medium. Pour about 1/4 inch of water into the drip pan, then place turkey on the grill skin-side facing up and cook over indirect heat, covered, at about (375-400?F) for 30 minutes. Check to make sure there is still water in the pan and add more if necessary. Also, check that the grill temperature has remained constant and adjust accordingly. Continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, then check temperature of the turkey. When turkey reads 175?F on a meat thermometer it is cooked through. Transfer to cutting board to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve with pan gravy. Serves 6.

Very nice but too much work for me on this beautiful day. A little "Sweet Baby Ray's" hickory smoked sauce will do just fine. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

""A little "Sweet Baby Ray's" hickory smoked sauce will do just fine. lol""

...now that's my style too... ;D
Jon