• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 633
Total: 633

NW Aquarium Swap Meet....

Started by Ron Sower, May 22, 2016, 12:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Smaller number of tables this time but the buyers came out. There was some good stuff. Excellent plant materials, few fish, but all the fish were sold. I picked up some nice Buce Plants - (Bucephalandra) - 3 different species but don't know which ones!  I grow them out a bit and try to identify them.

I was planning on this being the last one I'd do but several of the people said this is something they really look forward to and one said he'd start helping me with it. I think he just might be the one to actually do it and then later I can pass the torch to him.

I do like it and we all have a good time.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Hats off to Ron.  The swaps are my favorite club events as well.

Dennis

Mugwump

....Swaps are good times...when fall comes, the interest and attendance will pick up....summer months are always slow...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hi..! I just got on here using Tapatalk...I'm moving on up with the grownups!!!

I love the swaps because of the people. In fact while we're here in Florence were going to a big swap meet somewhere nearby with a friend. It's not aquarium related tho.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 25, 2016, 03:25:17 PM

I love the swaps because of the people. In fact while we're here in Florence were going to a big swap meet somewhere nearby with a friend. It's not aquarium related tho.

...LOL....those swaps are fun too.......like big flea markets  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats on the Tapatalk. I haven't used it in a while because I kept getting messages from sites I did not even register for. huh Hopefully they corrected that.

I may reload it in the future because it was surely a useful app before it went buggy on me.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 25, 2016, 05:53:19 PM

Congrats on the Tapatalk. I haven't used it in a while because I kept getting messages from sites I did not even register for. huh Hopefully they corrected that.

I may reload it in the future because it was surely a useful app before it went buggy on me.

I just use my phones 'internet' app.....works fine.....what does tapatalk have that I would be missing out on...??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 25, 2016, 06:33:53 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 25, 2016, 05:53:19 PM

I just use my phones 'internet' app.....works fine.....what does tapatalk have that I would be missing out on...??

I like that it notifies me when someone replies to one of my post and that it is easier to read and respond in the tapatalk window. That said it became a PITA when I began receiving notifications from forums I did not even belong to. Like fish forums from China in chinese. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I still get the annoying 'come try us' type pop up ads from them.....(Tapatalk)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 22, 2016, 06:40:03 AM
....Swaps are good times...when fall comes, the interest and attendance will pick up....summer months are always slow...
I'll drop it too if I get a bunch of junk.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron