• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

Monday night's dinner...

Started by Mugwump, December 05, 2016, 12:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..cooking some boigers on the griddle and tossing some fries in the oven... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2016, 12:47:58 PM
I've got duckie in the oven.

Congratulations ....got a name picked out yet?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

:P  I have chosen not to name it because I plan to eat it w!w

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2016, 02:58:03 PM
:P  I have chosen not to name it because I plan to eat it w!w

...ahem....having a 'duckie in the oven' implies that you are pregnant.....not having dinner...LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

I didn't know that but I figured it out when you congratulated me and asked me if I had named it. 

None of that kind of Ducky will be in my oven.  That kind you work on for your entire life and when they're done you don't even get the pleasure of eating them.

Mugwump

I think we might eat early tonight?       I'm starved....

Early dinner, then a hot shower. ....settle in for the night
Jon

LizStreithorst

This sucks.  I've been looking forward to Ducky all day long.  He generated a mountain of dirty plates and pots and pans.  He took three hours plus lots of prep time.  I had to do something to him evey hour.  It's a good thing that I needed rest today so I could dote on him.

Now he's out of the oven and ready to eat.  I am not hungry >:(  I don't know if it's because I was breathing the smell of that duck fat rendering, which would be enough if I could eat through my nose, of if the Mugwump intimated that I was cooking my child so I could eat it ???

Mugwump

..fix a plate and chow down.....and I didn't insinuate that your were cooking anything.....I was joking that you had said you 'had a duck in the oven'...which can have an entirely different meaning.... 8)....oh well..so much for humor I guess....sorry if you're not hungry now.....cooking all day can do that..

..have you ever made duck salad sandwiches?.....I wonder what one would use....'mayo' wouldn't likely work... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

It wasn't you, you silly goose.  I just pulled off a leg and ate it.  It was good, but it needed to be warm with the sauce to be memorable.

I have never thought about duck salad.  Now that I'm thinking about it would need mayo, celery, perhaps a small grating of onion and a sweet but astringent fruit.  A bit of minced fresh pineapple would be perfect.  The stuff in the can is too sweet but might work if I discarded the juice and squeezed  a bit of fresh lemon juice in it and let the different flavors meld overnight.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2016, 06:28:48 PM
It wasn't you, you silly goose.  I just pulled off a leg and ate it.  It was good, but it needed to be warm with the sauce to be memorable.

I have never thought about duck salad.  Now that I'm thinking about it would need mayo, celery, perhaps a small grating of onion and a sweet but astringent fruit.  A bit of minced fresh pineapple would be perfect.  The stuff in the can is too sweet but might work if I discarded the juice and squeezed  a bit of fresh lemon juice in it and let the different flavors meld overnight.

...i was thinking something like this.....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/gingery-hot-duck-salad-recipe.html

....or the same way my Mom made 'Ham Salad'....grind it up with hard boiled eggs, onion, celery, sweet pickle relish, salt/peppers.....and 'mayo' too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

That sounds good, but I want to make a duck salad that I can put between tow slices of good bread and make a sandwich of.  it needs to be eaten chilled.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2016, 07:23:26 PM
That sounds good, but I want to make a duck salad that I can put between tow slices of good bread and make a sandwich of.  it needs to be eaten chilled.

...oh it's made to be used on bread/roll.....or stuffed in a pepper or tomato......................stuffed in a big baker??...naw/maybe ???
Jon