• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:37:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 767
Total: 767

Monday night eats..===>

Started by Mugwump, November 28, 2016, 05:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...A couple big bowls of potato soup....w/crackers...........it hit the spot on what was a rainy, dreary, blah day .....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Chicken & sweet potato. No more food in the house except a slab of baby backs that I haven't put in the freezer yet. Guess what I may be having for dinner tomorrow? It will rain so I will just cook them slowly in the oven.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 28, 2016, 05:59:41 PM
Chicken & sweet potato. No more food in the house except a slab of baby backs that I haven't put in the freezer yet. Guess what I may be having for dinner tomorrow? It will rain so I will just cook them slowly in the oven.

...you ever make home made soups, Willie?......t's the season for soups, chilis, stews, and best of all....POT ROAST !!!!!!.... |^|

(plus leftover pot roast makes a great hash).... 2c2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I actually ate lunch today!  A ham and swigs on rye.  Dinner was roasted asparagus with garlic and lemon cooked in duck fat and a potato pancake that I cooked in lard because I used the last of the duck fat in the asparagus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 28, 2016, 06:03:22 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 28, 2016, 05:59:41 PM

...you ever make home made soups, Willie?......t's the season for soups, chilis, stews, and best of all....POT ROAST !!!!!!.... |^|

(plus leftover pot roast makes a great hash).... 2c2

No home made soups here. I like them though. My neighbor always makes soup and loves to share it with me. That fills up my soup bucket. I do make a great pot roast and I will eat from it for a whole week. Have to make one after the holidays.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 28, 2016, 06:04:45 PM
I actually ate lunch today!  A ham and swigs on rye.  Dinner was roasted asparagus with garlic and lemon cooked in duck fat and a potato pancake that I cooked in lard because I used the last of the duck fat in the asparagus.

...for those that don't know......

"All in all, duck fat is a good fat," says Alejandro G. Marangoni, a professor in the department of food science at the University of Guelph. Good fat includes monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, and bad fats include saturated. "Duck fat is pretty high in monounsaturated fat, and thus not too high in saturates," he says. "I actually have a jar of it in my fridge." So consider ordering that duck confit next time you go out for a fancy dinner. As you can see from this breakdown of one tablespoon (15 mL), duck fat ranks between butter and olive oil."

Jon

LizStreithorst

I'd heard that it was good for you but I used it for the flavor in imparts.  Makes me want to buy another duck as much for the fat as the duck itself.

Your potato soup sounds good.  I like Yukon gold potatoes.  I needed one, but you can't buy just one.  It's a 5 lb. bag or nothing.  I have this bag of potatoes of which I have eaten only two. I don't feel like tater salad, but your soup sounds good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 28, 2016, 06:26:53 PM
I'd heard that it was good for you but I used it for the flavor in imparts.  Makes me want to buy another duck as much for the fat as the duck itself.

Your potato soup sounds good.  I like Yukon gold potatoes.  I needed one, but you can't buy just one.  It's a 5 lb. bag or nothing.  I have this bag of potatoes of which I have eaten only two. I don't feel like tater salad, but your soup sounds good.

chopped onion and crumbled bacon cooked in it......... |^|
Jon

wallace

Spinach salad. Working on the bacon & eggs right now.
Dan

Rjb3

Chicken and rice soup. Meat loaf smothered in gravy, mashed taters also smothered in gravy, and green beans. No dessert. LOL

BallAquatics

Some kind of hamburger noodle concoction...  Frank fixed dinner tonight.  Wish I had some no-bake cookies.   :(

Dennis

Ron Sower

...open faced hot turkey sandwich and smashers all slathered in gravy, and a side green bean casserole... + beer!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...around here the Thanksgiving leftovers are over for me when we run out of gravy......
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 29, 2016, 05:25:17 AM
...around here the Thanksgiving leftovers are over for me when we run out of gravy......

We didn't cook... we went to the community dinner....these were leftovers from that dinner...and they were DANG good too....! |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron