• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 06:43:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 792
Total: 792

Lazy night....looks like...

Started by Mugwump, June 03, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...BLT's  ;D   maybe a chocolate ice cream cone for dessert?? ;D...or two??? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Strawberries are starting to ripen....we just got a few and they are...sweeeeeet..yum...even the birds like em ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Locally grown strawberries and blueberries are the highlights of this time of year. Strawberry shortcake, yum.... and a bowl of blueberries and some cereal for breakfast....love it.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 03, 2014, 08:38:40 PM
Locally grown strawberries and blueberries are the highlights of this time of year. Strawberry shortcake, yum.... and a bowl of blueberries and some cereal for breakfast....love it.

Our raspberry and blueberry plants are newly planted this year...but the raspberries have blossom's ;D.....peach tree had a hard winter, not many,if any blossom's...it'll skip a year I'm sure

the strawberries are going crazy tho..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

What type raspberries did you get Jon, black or red?  Very different when it comes to raising them.  We've got a big patch of black ones just at the edge of the woods out back.  Yum yum, my favorite berries.

Dennis

Mugwump

..These are supposed to be red...we'll see....I remember my Grandmother had the black raspberries in the woods behind them...and ,yes.....delicious ;D....

We'll now have Strawberries, Blackberries, Red raspberries, and blueberries... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

ilroost

Red raspberries here also. We have a large patch in the back 40.
We have raspberries,rhubarb, cherry trees and walnut tree

Mugwump

...cherry trees.....yum..love em.......when I lived up in western NY, as a youngster...we had those big Queen Anne cherry trees everywhere......what a feast ;D
Jon

Barb

I wish we could grow berries, but between the squirrels, deer and rabbits, there would not be a single berry for us.  I even had one of these animals eat my eggplant plants right down to the ground, left a stub.
Barb

PaulineMi

Birds always beat us to our cherries. They'd be on the verge of being ripe and then "poof"....all gone the next day.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 04, 2014, 07:32:52 PM
Birds always beat us to our cherries. They'd be on the verge of being ripe and then "poof"....all gone the next day.

BB guns and fireworks keeps em done some....altho just the BB gun here.....we've got a couple fat squirrels and rabbits.............they leave the 'berries' alone mostly...they do rob the peach tree...which I wouldn't mind if the dumb butt squirrel would just snag one and eat it.....but oh no, it's take a bite out of one and toss, grab another, etc.....idiots...
Jon

BallAquatics

We don't have much trouble with the berries either,  the deer do often eat the new shoots, but mostly leave the berries alone.  Now the mulberry tree is another story.  When the berries get ripe the birds and squirrels are so numerious in the tree it shakes like a hard wind is blowing, while the young ground hogs and racoons clean-up all that falls to the ground.  I guess I could get upset about this, but when I see how much they all enjoy the sweet treats, I can't help but smile.   :)

Dennis

PaulineMi

I remember having a mulberry tree in our yard when I was a kid.  It was a small yard in the city. My Dad's car would be in the driveway and my Mom would hang laundry on the line in the yard. My Dad ended up cutting the tree down. Purple bird poop was the reason.