• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 12:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 544
Total: 545

More on my never ending saga

Started by LizStreithorst, January 23, 2014, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Two pairs spawned today.  One is the pair that raised their kids to free swimming last time in weird tannin water before they ate them.  They are p/+ X p/p.  I really want them to get it right this time.  The other pair has just started doing the deed..  They are p/p X p/pp, and are therefore stupid.  In the past they have spawned and eaten the eggs soon after.  I would like to raise a spawn from them just to see the percentage of culls I get.  I'm curious.  But I promised myself that I would not pull eggs until next week.

Did I speak Greek correctly?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 23, 2014, 04:19:50 PM
Two pairs spawned today.  One is the pair that raised their kids to free swimming last time in weird tannin water before they ate them.  They are p/+ X p/p.  I really want them to get it right this time.  The other pair has just started doing the deed..  They are p/p X p/pp, and are therefore stupid.  In the past they have spawned and eaten the eggs soon after.  I would like to raise a spawn from them just to see the percentage of culls I get.  I'm curious.  But I promised myself that I would not pull eggs until next week.

Did I speak Greek correctly?

did you possibly mean..? h/h p/p -  h/h +/p  and   h/h p/p - h/h p/p....??...those are half black pairs right??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yep, that's what I meant.  I know that I'm thick when it comes to some things.  I'm not thick when it comes to the most important things, thank God.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 23, 2014, 04:47:32 PM
Yep, that's what I meant.  I know that I'm thick when it comes to some things.  I'm not thick when it comes to the most important things, thank God.

You did good..keep trying it...remember to include all the genes that you know are present...then you can verify by looking closely at the fry, and using a simple genetic calculator.... ;D...it's not that difficult but does talk some getting used to...and a little practice.. ;D

The letters go in this order, by discovery....recessive in lower case...ie g/v/p...

Dark/marble/gold marble/gold
Zebra/Stripeless
Smokey
Half Black
Albino
Philippine Blue
Veil
Pearlscale
Streaked
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson