• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 809
Total: 809

Friday's coffee time

Started by Mugwump, December 11, 2015, 05:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..and the coffee is very good.... 8)   

..fry water changes, then...  huh    nothing really planned for the day....probably just do all the water changes again... |^|
I need to swap out a 55 for a 30 breeder too...then move the petricolas over to it....it'll be perfect for them..

upper 30's now, might make 50?....now they're saying the rain will begin tonight....or whenever ?...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well is very good but can't drink too much of it this morning. Plat spawn is now gone. Unless they moved it (unlikely) they decided to eat it. huh Next one is mine. wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 11, 2015, 05:49:54 AM
Well is very good but can't drink too much of it this morning. Plat spawn is now gone. Unless they moved it (unlikely) they decided to eat it. huh Next one is mine. wfwf

..that stinks, Willie...I hope they just moved them...but same here, I gave em all kinds of chances, then just yanked a spawn..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 11, 2015, 06:01:23 AM

..that stinks, Willie...I hope they just moved them...but same here, I gave em all kinds of chances, then just yanked a spawn..... |^|

I'm going to pull the next spawn from any pair because I need to keep my LFS supplied. Funny thing is I haven't pulled a spawn in 1.5 years. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 11, 2015, 06:39:12 AM

I'm going to pull the next spawn from any pair because I need to keep my LFS supplied. Funny thing is I haven't pulled a spawn in 1.5 years. huh

I'd pull the next few different spawns, then let the pairs play on their own again...that way you'll be ahead of the game with the LFS....find a big grow out tank, 125+, or a tub to keep them in after you've selected your 'keepers' ....I've pulled two lately just to have extras around for swaps and 'walkins'....anything else that happens is icing....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 11, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 11, 2015, 06:39:12 AM

You're right. i can probably get a hold of a big tub but I can also set up those two 55s on the floor too. mim

I'd pull the next few different spawns, then let the pairs play on their own again...that way you'll be ahead of the game with the LFS....find a big grow out tank, 125+, or a tub to keep them in after you've selected your 'keepers' ....I've pulled two lately just to have extras around for swaps and 'walkins'....anything else that happens is icing....
Willie