• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 04:39:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,336
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 558
Total: 559

Tuesday's tales....

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2017, 06:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....all in all, it was a pretty decent day.....didn't rain and we had a nice breeze  |^|......the humidity is settling back in tho....you can feel it....

Starting a new book later.."The memoirs of John Glenn"......interesting guy....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Getting dark here...
I went into Casa Grande to the Praxair shop with Jim-Bob...he needed CO2 for his kegger...i went to see where I'll get mine when I need it... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My tree guy stopped by.  We like one another is the same way that Chip and I like one another.  It's close to a friendship.  We had a nice long chat and I sent him off with an some herbs from my garden.

I took myself out for dinner.  I didn't have anything that appealed to be and besides my kitchen is too filthy for me to cook.  I went to the Mexican place in Ellisville and tried something new.  I didn't like it and ate just a little.  The waiter asked if it was too much and I said that it was as described and it wasn't his fault that I didn't like it and asked for the check.  The restaurant has a sign on the door stating something like, "No fire arms allowed except for law enforcement".  When I paid I asked the owner where he got the sign.  I wanted one for my shop.  He said he'd get one for me.  He knows where I work.

Six months ago,  when I was driving Charlotte to work every day a lady showed up from the gun shop up with a small short haired dog for a bath.  Charlotte has Bernie and Hillary bumper stickers on her.  I think that it was the owner who came to pick up when the dog was done.  I complimented him on how he turned a falling down building into a beautiful building.  It's true!  He transformed the place!  When he left with his dog he had a hand gun stuck in the waist band of his britches, totally visible to anyone to anyone who saw him from behind.  Open carry is legal my State, but as a business owner I am allowed to say "no to that. 

All I know is that the conversation was congenial between the lady who dropped off and the owner who picked up and that the dog has not been back since. and that I don't want no guns toting people in my shop, and I don't know nor care if he hasn't been back because I lean liberal, or what.  And that's the end of my rant about that.
Always move forward. Never look back.