• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 766
Total: 766

Weekend plans?

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2016, 06:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We'll be close to home....company?....maybe.. huh   but a few errands for sure... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Tomorrow Gale has a plant class she's teaching in Greendale, and Sunday there's a swap in Rock Island. That shouls keep us busy.

Rjb3

Mugwump

No...we can't do this one.....gotta thing going for us Sunday for a bit.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Going to a Native American Arts Festival at the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument tomorrow after breakfast at the clubhouse.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Looks like I'll be re sealing a 100 gallon >:(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 19, 2016, 08:18:29 AM
Looks like I'll be re sealing a 100 gallon >:(

...not the same one?...I hope..
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's hard to tell.  I have 3 of these.  They are all 15 years old hand all have been resealed once.  They've all been moved to Mobile and back here and put in storage and set up again.  They were taken down and set back in place moved around again when Mr. Sharp rebuilt the tank stands.  If the guys put the tanks back the same way they were before I did the work it's a different tank.  Who knows huh

I'm done with work.  I guess I need to get down and consolidate fish and move my millions of baby's from the leaker to a 120.  I hope I can rustle up a strong guy when the time comes to take the tank down and set it back up.

LizStreithorst

I found me a bit strong man.  Jack and Judy's son in law, Sean.  He's a really big guy.  Between him, April and me we'll get the sucker down.  Heck he could lift it himself if it weren't 5' long.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 19, 2016, 06:13:36 PM
I found me a bit strong man.  Jack and Judy's son in law, Sean.  He's a really big guy.  Between him, April and me we'll get the sucker down.  Heck he could lift it himself if it weren't 5' long.

....ta da.. !!!!!   
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sean, April, and Sean's oldest daughter just left.  The tank is down.  I'll do the repair tomorrow.  They'll come back when it's ready to be put back in place. 

I was afraid it would happen and it did...April invited me to have Thanksgiving dinner with them.  I hate it when that happens.  I had an ace in the hole.  I bought a frozen duck today.  April asked while we were in the kitchen where she was deciding upon a choice of beers.  (6 choices of beers) :-[  I got to show her Ducky in the fridge and tell her how much I'd love to accept but I was looking so forward preparing Ducky"  It is the truth.  I did my best to get out of it gracefully.  I hope I succeeded.

I feel guilty about enjoying being alone especially during the holidays.  People feel sorry for me and want to include me in their family gatherings.  They just can't fathom how an old lady alone at home during the holidays cannot feel lonely huh  Jack and Judy figured me out.  They invite me to informal outdoor gathering like a crawfish boil and I have a blast and don't realize that I'm the only one who isn't a blood relative there until I've left.  It's the holiday gatherings where I feel like a stray being thrown a bone.

Being weird isn't easy.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

Mugwump

....LOL...for you, and a lot of us here.....it comes naturally...... w!w =;-) w!w
Jon

ilroost

Work,work and more work. Need a break that's for sure

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 19, 2016, 07:37:27 PM
Work,work and more work. Need a break that's for sure

..indeed you do..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

We didn't go to the Native Am. Arts Festival...it was really windy today so we went to Tucson for the first time...One objective was to go to the Arizona Nature Aquatics fish stoore.  I want to start looking for my first aquarium to set up....Got there and it wasn't open...so I called and learned that they have moved there and won't be opening again until Dec10...bummer!  :(

So we looked up a couple places that Lucy wanted to see and one was the Habitat for Humanity store there...so we did that and found a Kokopelli lamp that we'll use on our deck... I think she wants to rig it with a solar light.... ;)

Then we had a good lunch at Caruso's Italian eatery near the University of AZ. |^|

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron