• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 09:29:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 735
Total: 735

Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, June 13, 2023, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It wasn't a the worst day in the world, but it's been a frustrating day. 

I'm going to muddle through tomorrow and be looking forward to a rare treat for me.  I shouldn't have, but I bought a new pair of fish.  I just couldn't resist these and bought myself a gift.  They're Apistos, and although their water requirements are similar to their behavior, especially breeding behavior, is different.  It will be great fun to learn the ways of a new fish.  I have more empty tank space now than I have ever had.  How could I tell myself no?
https://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwapisto1686527374
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi all!...I hope you're sleeping well by now...

Monday was a very busy day for me and I didn't get here...we decided to take one of our 2-day trips we like to do and came down to Tucson this morning...on the way we went to and thru the National Saguaro Park and visited center and then on to Old Tucson which is an area that was leased by Columbia Studios that built an old west town for many old west movies...the tour was fun...

Then we headed eastward to our hotel in Tucson...it's an Embassy Suites by Hilton and it's disappointing...definitely not up to Hilton standards...we got into our room and when I sat on the edge of my bed I noticed a white clothes hanger on the floor behind the door...wooden hangers are in the closet...then while sitting there I noticed right in front of me on the floor was a piece of what I think was dental floss...so we went to the front desk and politely shared our excitement over these discoveries with them and they moved us to another room...we settled in then went to dinner...when we came back I was sitting on the edge of my bed in this room and happened to look down and saw a sock on the floor at the edge of Lucy's bed...!!!  ??? ??? ???

So I trudged to the front desk again...same clerk...and again I politely shared my new excitement with her...much apologizing and a promise to take it up with the general manager and housekeepping manager in the morning...I sure hope the sheets are clean!!!

Anyway, I absolutely loved driving through the desert and mountains today...tomorrow we're going to Karchner Caverns and then a meandering trip home...

And wouldn't you know...a couple ppl sent texts asking to come by today or tonight for fish, plants or shrimp ;D ;D ;D

Again, hoping you're having a good sleep!!! zzzz
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

It sounds like an exciting day for you two. Ron, I used to love Embassy Suites. I guess like a lot of places, the quality is not what it used to be. There is no excuse for not properly cleaning up the rooms.

Liz, those Apistos are beauties. Wishing you lots of luck with them. I'm sure that you will have them breeding in no time.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.