• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 10:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 732
Total: 732

Sunday Morning

Started by wsantia1, June 11, 2023, 08:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. The weather here is mostly back to normal except for the lack of rain. At least the Canada wildfire smoke is gone for now.

We are currently at 73 degrees and will get up to 89 this afternoon which means Kobe will be out for only short periods to do his business the rest of the day.

Yesterday was not a good day for me with respect to the fishroom. I did the discus tank WC but then I lost interest in doing anything else and I did very little afterwards. I think that was due to an accumulating lack of sleep. Lack of Sleep = Lack of Energy and that's what I think/hope it is. Today I will attempt to complete what I never started yesterday.

I also have to do maintenance on the flower bed which looks like a mess because I did a lousy trimming job on it Friday and never really cleaned up the mess I made.

I need to stop thinking about what I have to do because it will be a never ending list and nothing will get done.

I'm going to get started now so I wish you all a great day and I'll check in later on. 

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  I know exactly what you mean about not being able to get things done.  It's like that when you have chronic pain.  I thank God that I'm an expert sleeper.  I have always been good at it.  I would hate do deal with pain and an inability to sleep.  When I have a lot of pain, my dreams have me as the old person I am.  When I'm not, in my dreams I'm the person I used to be back before my disintegrating discs ruled my life.

It's going to be a scorcher today with a heat index of 97.  I was out in the garden planting stuff just a bit ago and I got only half of my seeds planted.  I have to do a bit of turning the soil because although cardboard has been covering the area Im planting, just pasture grass had grown in that spot before.  The spading fork work plus the heat has made me have to take a break before I go back out and finish up.  Of course it will be hotter then than it was just a bit ago.  That will be all the work I'll do today.  I have to save myself for the big order I have going out tomorrow that I know will whup my arse.

We have had showers in the early evening which help cool things off a bit, but they're not expected today until late tonight.  No open doors for the dogs tonight.  I hope I don't wake up to dog pee puddles.  Big Head is old and can't hold it like he used to, and he's not one to bark to ask to be let out.

Well, I'd better get back to work.  Time to feed the fish and horse lunch and get the rest of my planting done so I can make my own lunch.  I'll check in later to see what Barb and Ron have going on.  They're the two who still have reasonably normal lives.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

You're lucky, Willie.  My dogs have never used pee pads when I've tried.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good evening, Liz and Willie...

It's been a quiet day here...one of my buyers brought another new guy by to get a 75g I wanted to move out...I really enjoyed meeting him...he's 70 and starting up in the
hobbie again...he wants to do big cichlids and I gave him some guidance to restart...

Another fellow was going to come this afternoon and get a blue eyed lemon pleco I have for sale but got tied down at work...he'll come next Friday....

I went to the killi club meeting last night and it was a loooonnnng one!...huge auction...largest group of ppl so far -30+...I sold a bunch of fish and plants that haven't been moving and got pre-orders for plants and more fish...

I finally got the details worked out with the OdySea Aquarium to get deeply discounted tickets for our club members to go there on a field trip on July 9...I had to postpone it from our June meeting ...so I got that announcement posted on our FB page today...

We cooked burgers in the air fryer tonight and they were delicious, and now we're just waiting to go to the clubhouse to play Pegs and Jokers at 6pm...

That's all I got for today...I hope you are all having a great evening, and getting the rest you need...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron